TF2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Alpha 4 of ctf_creak has been uploaded: http://slainchild.shackspace.com/files/ctf_creak_a4.zip

Alpha 4
---------------------------------
+Added playerclip brushes around and above the map to stop players getting to places they shouldn't be
+Removed an entrance to the mid-section side rooms on the upper level
+Changed a lot of textures
+Made a few custom posters/signs, placement not final
+Changed layout of the walkways in the flagrooms, only one ramp up to the upper level now
+Lots of architectural changes to both bases to make them more distinguishable from each other
+More detailing and displacement work
+Changed outdoors lighting and skybox
+Fixed missing player and object shadows
+Changed a lot of func_detail brushes into func_illusionary brushes to stop players getting stuck on them while walking near walls.

[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/a7e7e310.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/b13ad248.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/Slainchild/9f35a5ae.jpg[/screenshot]

:)

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
What class have you guys currently invested the most time with? Right now I have 22 hours on the Spy.

Edit: Quick question. What does joining a TF2 group do? I just saw I have 2 invites.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
The pyro is like the visible W+Mouse1 spy. :p
You ambush with spies, you ambush with pyroes.

I like and hate it at the same type, I think most servers should have at least a 3 player cap for this class, 2 sounds just alright. I don't know what class I play mostly with lately, People hardly say Medic, but I'm really loving the saw, killed 2 snipers the other day playing medic. :shy:

I'm also practicing my engineer wrench of death.

Maybe I'm on drugs, but I swear I just turned around a sentry tonight and it couldn't keep at me. Pyroes are so damn effective VS sentries up close.

Slainchild:
Looks damn good. :)

Last edited:

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
I've been playing the Engineer a lot also. I just did some offensive play dropping level 1 & 2 sentries and its awesome just running around shot gunning people down and luring them into your sentries. :)

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I've been playing Pyro myself since working on the achievements. Only to discover the forums... that are as bad as any other games forums i guess but as usual i find my favourite class has ended up with a certain crowd of haters. :(

I also tend to alternate to the Demo quite frequently... my playstyle is fairly defensive and I like certain suprise tactics coupled with thigns like DoT's, as in setting people on fire and tricking people into insta-death, as in luring them into stickies.

I've also heard that the Heavy is generally under played so I've given him some extra time too, definately needs some team support to keep rolling, dump a dispensor by a critical doorway though and it'll do.

I'll easily cange about 20 times a match though. if i see an engineer building near the spawn room i'll nip in switch to engineer and help. If a mass "uber" incoming occurs i switch to pyro and air blast all the medics from their heavies/solders, etc. I rarely switch to medics when we're lacking them though, i'm alright at healing... complex as that is, but my uber-timing is always off.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
^ Medic is my least played... I think I have maybe a half hours worth on them. It was never my style to just stand there and heal people. As for the Heavies, I don't think they're under played. The servers I'm on always have a handful on each team. Little do they know theres a Spy behind them thats gunna one shot those slow pokes leaving the Medic useless :lol:

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

is cool
Jan 20, 2008
Ceredigion, UK
Engineer is my main, with 62 hours of playtime. Suprisingly, scout is my second most played with 44 hours, despite being my second worst in terms of points.

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
medic is my best, so I use it when my team is half decent.

oh and going battle medic and meleeing enemies with the ubersaw is awesome. 3 ubers in less than 2 minutes :D

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
What do achievements do now? I find it weird that there still in the game now that they serve no purpose. With the Spy patch they completely changed the way you acquire new weapons.

I know before the Sniper/Spy patch you had to get X amout of achievements on a class to unlock their weapons but now that's history.

So what do we get out of achievements now?

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
They reinstated milestones giving the weapons for Sniper and Spy after all the complaints. I think they saw that coming. You can get random drops or get them from achievements now.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Did anyone ever unlocked a character hat WITHOUT farming yet? :p
I hope I get the Medic one (Party hat), I've got so many dupes, like the sandman and mostly 3 dead ringers.

All I need left is the Sniper (razorback?) back shield.

Last edited:

Leonardo

Old fart on top the mountain.....
TF2 steam://connect/63.209.36.48:27015 Towelies Smokin TF2 server tell them "Leon" sent ya and see if you don't get hobo-rushed, but to be serious about this? I'd like to see some BuF'ers playing tonite on it when I get home at 12:15 am MST tonite since its my friday nite. I'd like to be able to play and feel like I'm having a little more fun with people I know and interact with on a decent level of fun yet semi mature nature involved.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
They reinstated milestones giving the weapons for Sniper and Spy after all the complaints. I think they saw that coming. You can get random drops or get them from achievements now.

Ok so people can still farm impossible achievements, if they cant seem to randomly get an item.

Did anyone ever unlocked a character hat WITHOUT farming yet? :p
I hope I get the Medic one (Party hat), I've got so many dupes, like the sandman and mostly 3 dead ringers.

All I need left is the Sniper (razorback?) back shield.

No hats yet Kantham. Just a lot of other dupes. I still need Natasha, and Bonk.

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
I finally unlocked the Axtinguisher the other night, so I've now completed Medic and Pyro's unlocks. Still not one hat, though.

BTW, I've been trying to upload creak a4 to my server, but the FTP to the redirect isn't working and UKGame still hasn't fixed it. They've already sent me an email asking for payment to renew the server, but I'll cancel and go with another host, probably in the autumn.

What class have you guys currently invested the most time with? Right now I have 22 hours on the Spy.

At the moment I have 65.5 hours as Medic (then 7.5 hours as Soldier, and 5.7 hours as Pyro). Yeah, Medic's my main. :D