M4A1 RO979

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Okay, unfortunately analyzing the problem EGM had proves quite difficult since he already reinstalled. From what I was able to gather the most likely process leading to EGMs catastrophic problem must have been conflict with another mutator that lead to a crash which most probably caused damage to the infiltration.ini (possibly due to occuring at the time the game wrote to the ini) hence causing inf to not start up again. While this whole chain of event seems comparingly unprobable, any other explanation (short of human error) is more or less impossible.

So I wanted to ask all those brave enough to download and try the new version anyway for a short feedback wether or not it works for you - a "works" or "doesn't work" is enough, though more details for a "doesn't work" are apprechiated. Also from those who had no problems it would be nice to know for me if you used the 40mm M406 HE and XM1060 in the same loadout.

Thanks in advance,

Snakeye

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
tested the XM1060 both enabled and disabled, and had the M406 at the same loadout: worked as charm... (when the thermobaric nades were disabled, they were replaced by M406, without crash or losing a single nade...)

Ohh, the M4A1 improved were removed from Stinkmarder´s server...what caused the crashes?

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Corporal_Lib [BR];2182418 said:
Ohh, the M4A1 improved were removed from Stinkmarder´s server...what caused the crashes?
No idea as of yet - I send Stinkmarder a PM inquiring but have not yet received a response, he did seem pretty busy recently with non-Inf related stuff though, so it may take a while.

I'll once again suppose some weird mutator incompatibility as cause, since M4Imp runs fine on XploD server - though I'm not 100% sure if it's 1.20 or 1.10 (think 1.20 though); then again XploD has problems running Psytex, so I guess once you hit a sufficient number of mutators UT becomes a game of russian roulette - with slightly better odds though..

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Corporal_Lib [BR];2182443 said:
I´ve experienced constant crashes when I fire up offline maps with over 28 mutties... don´t know which would be the online "safe zone limit" thou... =?

This ends up being a bit OT, but do you use MultiMut or just the mutator list? The list is limited to a certain ammount of characters so if you use it with too many mutators the last one will get capped in the middle and most probably cause a crash because UT can't find it. MultiMut should allow for 128(?) mutators since it loads them in a different way.

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Just the list... I was lazy to learn how to use MultiMut, but in the end it could be quite handy when you´re addicted to some mutties, and have new ones released (and there´s this 28 muttie limit...)... ;D

By the way, snake, do you know what unrealshare code I use to spawn iron crates (for making "artifical ladders" in Unreal maps...) TY!

Last edited:

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Well, no idea until 5mins ago, but you might wanna try "summon unrealshare.steelbox" or "summon unrealshare.smallsteelbox" [or something like that]. They end up standing at weird angles though. In case you're searching somethin specific the actor browser of UnrealEd can be your friend ;).

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Its not an ISSUE but a sidenote: when I play offline COOP with unreal (or UT99 SP) maps, and I use Olethros´s DropExcesAmmo muttie, it ejects ALL AMMO from your "improved weapons" (M4A1 improved, M4 RO979 and AKS74U) and if I discard the Claymore, the AKS74U vanishes from my loadout (it doesn´t get dropped it simply disappears from my hands or slings).

The bizarre part is that it only happens within COOP maps and with Olethro´s muttie... but as I said, its a minor and specific bug, don´t ever mind bout it if youre not intrigued by it ;D

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Uhm, what does the drop excess ammo mutie do (exactly)? Never used it before, but will try to see if I can find out what causes this strange behavior.

BTW disappearing from slings is impossible for the AKS74U since it doesn't have any, as is mentioned in the Limitations section of the readme. When it disappears from the hands, can you still shoot? If yes that's a problem also appearing with other guns sometimes - happened to me with the MP5A2 once on a COOP map.

Corporal_Lib [BR]

The muttie ejects all ammo that isn´t related to the weapons you´re carrying in your loadout (so I guess it compares the classes used at the moment you order the drop, and ejects everything that isn´t class related, but Olethros should explain better)... but after more testing, I realised it only happens with M4RO979 (the improved M4A1 is unaffected I was confused because by the time I´ve noticed it, I was using the m4 in the present loadout I´m now using the M4A1)

And scrapp the AKS74U bug, it only happens with Olethro´s AKS74Umc ... your final version is fine!

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
can someone please upload the (or fix) the RO979 (v99) since the 1st page dl link is broken and I cant get in Xplods webpage, it would be great.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Deleted the 0.99 and re-uploaded it - should work again. Strange, does BuF have some kind of timelimit for how long they provide attached files?

Just in case the packages should be in the COOP forums too (and I suppose Stinkmarders forums are more stable than BUF :D)

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
@Snakeye
thanks I got it now .. thanks for uploading again, I looked in the Coop forums too but couldnt find any dl links ... you have to register to download from there?

@Maja
Didnt get any mail, and still havnt got any .

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
Well, it's been a while and while I'm still rather short on free time, there's a few things troubling my mind with the current state of the (online-usable) mutators. Since XploD requested a while ago if it was possible to join them into one mutator (in order to reduce the serverpackage list entries) I thought this would also be a nice way to deal with a few annoyances (e.g. HUD weapon names displayed at scoreboard, M4A1imp and RO979 not having same look and feel due to online problems with the 1.00 RO979 release etc.).

Before starting the work I still have some open issues which I'd prefer to have some feedback on, and while I generally think of Democracy being a horrible way to get decisions, I'm actually giving it a try..

1.: The first point is more of a question to the serverpackage experts: When creating a mutator that loads other mutators (like InfModWeaponPack) why and how do the packages NOT declared as serverpackages get checked? IIRC the servers usually only have INFMOD_WeaponPack.u as serverpackage but mismatches of packages loaded by this mutator (e.g. INFMOD_M4A1) do show up without them being declared as serverpackage. Does this work reliably (as I'm not going to make it a one-package mutator..).

2.: I've got mixed feedback concerning the new aim/hip positions for the M4A1. While it is my personal opinion they are "better" than the original ones, I'm fully aware they present a rather drastic change from what people are used to. So do you guys and gals prefer the old ones or the new ones - note that I'm taking suggestions for each view, i.e. if you dislike the backup irons but like the new hip views feel free to post it. One more thing: the Reflex aim view is 99.9% not going to change back; I feel the original Reflex sights to be far too close - plus the new position actually is far less obstructive. (as I said, I don't fully believe in democracy ;))

3.: Which guns should be in a combined release? I figured M4A1imp, RO979 and AKS74U are the obvious candidates. I'm not sure about the Beretta 98 and 96, since I made them more out of boredom.

4.: This one's kinda though, but from a current point of view the RO979 will be based on the 0.99 release, i.e. be once again limited to 3 grenade types. This is not 100% sure, since I've still not given up on reproducing the online bug we had on COOP, but this might be too much given the scope of time I've planned for this. So the main question here is, which nade types should be in - or more correctly should the XM1060 replace the white smoke one? Keep in mind the XM1060 was never intended for use in TDM/DTAS/EAS and might well be horribly unbalanced - so the option to deactivate it will remain if it makes it in. The question is more if white smoke is actually used by anyone - if not I'd have no real problem axing it in favor of the XM1060.

The scope of changes is small enough for offline people to keep the old ones if they use and like new40mm with the 1.00 RO979 - as I mentioned before the primary concern here is to get a more streamlined online package, as well as fix some minor issues. Don't expect anything too soon though - a few weeks to a couple of months might as well pass by before my accumlated free time was enough. (given the pace of the forums recently that's probably the ammount of time until actual feedback comes in :D)

Awaiting your input..

Snakeye :D

PS: Psy, I didn't forget about the M16A2 - it's just that everytime I think I found an easy way to get it done Inf seems to tell me: "That's.. ESPECIALLY.. impossible!"

Davidos

Jun 6, 2009
'Scuse me for bumping this age old topic and adding absolutely nothing of content but:

Once I select the new M4A1 from the loadout menu, I can see all items that go with it perfectly fine, I start up, play, and do anything normally but really the gun isn't there.
I don't spawn with it, hell I can't even spawn it itself.

Am I missing something?

Does this mutator conflict with any others? I only have weaponmod 1.5 1.5.1 etc. so... I doubt that'd could be it, right?

Last edited:

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Visit site
'Scuse me for bumping this age old topic and adding absolutely nothing of content but:

Once I select the new M4A1 from the loadout menu, I can see all items that go with it perfectly fine, I start up, play, and do anything normally but really the gun isn't there.
I don't spawn with it, hell I can't even spawn it itself.
Hmm, that's odd, but I'll have to get some more information.
-Which version are you using?
-which mutators are on (preferably post a screenshot of the mutator selection screen or post your infiltration.ini and infiltrationuser.ini)?
-Do you get the ammo you selected in the loadout and only the weapon is missing?
-the INF_M4A1_RO979.u file is present in your UT\System folder?
-what's the summon command you used?
-does this occur offline or online?

Davidos

Jun 6, 2009
Fixed it, for some odd reason the game just hated me using it on the bottom of the mutator list...

... weird...

edit:
Offtopic-ish-
Oddly enough I can't add new loadouts...
It just overwrites whatever is there and spams on my team/outfitting list. o_O

Oh and, my screen keeps flicking to windowed mode. (Just have to alt enter twice though to fix it)

... and 40mm grenades screw with my SOPMOD m4a1 so I took those out... right now.

Last edited: