LightMatch

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Grasshopper

Jan 21, 2008
Upstate NY
Not at the top of my favorite maps list either. I suppose someone thought it was good or it wouldn't have been in the pack. Just don't play it.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
No :D
Possibly my favourite map for Betrayal play. thxbye Epic.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
The map doesn't work well for me, from what I have seen how it looks at one video, it looks nothing like that for me, the light doesn't work right for me, dunno if my brightness is messed up, but it just doesn't work for me and I see even less that I could see.

Interbellum

I used to be a man
May 17, 2008
There's justified whining (about bugs, missing features etc.), and then there's... this. :rolleyes:

Beelzebud (Satanas)

Jul 15, 2003
Yeah I agree. Darkmatch is actually pretty intense if you're playing with some decent people. I always liked it, and it's cool to see them bring it back.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
The map doesn't work well for me, from what I have seen how it looks at one video, it looks nothing like that for me, the light doesn't work right for me, dunno if my brightness is messed up, but it just doesn't work for me and I see even less that I could see.
I'm having the same problem, but that's why I'm running the game on min settings because my laptop sucks... I guess if you turn dynamic lights on (advanced video settings ;)) it should all be fine...

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I'm having the same problem, but that's why I'm running the game on min settings because my laptop sucks... I guess if you turn dynamic lights on (advanced video settings ;)) it should all be fine...

No even with that turned on it seems more dark than it should be.....

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
I wish it was a gametype. But hey, who stops us from making one?
And I have to say that I don't like DM-Darkmatch too much too. It should have a spin like most of the other maps - for example, hold a few switches to activate light for some time. But it reminds me of ExtremeDark of Unreal :) Though that's actually my least favourite map from all Unreal, those Pupae are really scary!

Hedge-o-Matic

Dec 29, 2000
Visit site
Can someone add some lights to that retarded DarkMatch map and make it less retarded? D:

Wow.

I haven't played UT3 since my daughter was born a year ago, but the new stuff brought me back. And somehow, when I come back to these forums, here you are, still complaining about everything. Why? You obviously don't like most of UT3, so why the effort of going to sites that are about a product you don't like?

I'm not flaming, I'm just trying to understand how someone could spend so much time on something that they aren't enjoying. Since almost every post you put up here is negative or has a high snark quotient, I just have to ask why you do it.

Before I even get a chance to try out the new content, I come here and see your posts complaining about all of it. I'm baffled.

That's all I'm going to say on the subject. Really, I just don't understand the reasoning.

LANCE.xd

Flak Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
The Countdown Node
I personally think DarkMatch is one of the better DM maps in the Titan Pack. I honestly see nothing wrong with it. Some people just don't understand that the point of DarkMatch is that it's supposed to be dark, thus making you rely on more than just glowstick DemoGuys to shoot at.

The matches I played on DarkMatch were frantic and intense, and they were the most fun I had in DM in a long time.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
A thread whining about DarkMatch being dark. Unbelievable.

What's next? Titans too large? KoosBarge too barge-like? Don't like the rails in VCTF-Rails? VCTF-Stranded leaves you feeling abandoned?

I shoulda seen it coming.:doh:

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
A thread whining about DarkMatch being dark. Unbelievable.

What's next? Titans too large? KoosBarge too barge-like? Don't like the rails in VCTF-Rails? VCTF-Stranded leaves you feeling abandoned?

I shoulda seen it coming.:doh:

I've heard skulls in greed being too shiny :lol: