UT3 2.0 Patch and Titan Pack Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheSpoonDog

CBP3! Yarrr!
Jun 1, 2001
NZ
spoondog.beyondunreal.com
Bazzwano said:
it crashes every time I cook...
Maybe try deleting these? (back them up, but game should recreate them after u load maps)
Code:
Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\LocalShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.upk
Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\LocalShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM2.upk
Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\LocalShaderCache-PC-D3D-SM3.upk
I've had cooking problems before and that fixed it... you never know!

EDIT: Looks like they have a thread on it over at Epic forums with the fix.

Last edited:

thinsoldier

Jul 30, 2008
Ok for a while there I though ctf-krodan, dm-worm, and war-tropico were the best maps ever... but dm ocean relic just took the crown.
1 problem with it tho, if you use secondary with the redeemer while you're in the fancy column of water where the redeemer spawns, the redeemer missile never flies anywhere and you tend to blow yourself up.

The bushy eden map was kinda boring.

All the new maps I've played so far and some of the original maps all have enough room for a titan to move around pretty well.
I wish they'd make the titan's jump/double jump increase in relation to its size. It's one thing to not be able to use jump pads anymore but to not have an improved jump height at that huge size sucks. And the range on their ground pound should be decreased a little.

DM-turbine (I think thats the one - the remake of the classic ut99 map) is just as much fun as the original but I can't help pointing out that there was something about the original that "looked" more...something. I'm not a fan of the textures they chose for the remake. It's just hard to see anythign compared to my memories of visual clarity in the origianl ut99 map. (that feeling can be applied to most of the maps in the game and it doesn't have anything to do with dof or bloom). Also the main thing this map points out to me is just how damned cool looking some of the water surface effects were in ut99. I remember the very first time I played ut99 was on this map and I spawned in the watery area near the shock rifle. I spent half the match just looking at the water and the lighting in that corridor. I'm happy for the patch/expansion but I still think ut3's main screw up was not being an evolution of the art direction of ut99/ut2004

Speaking of dof and bloom, is there a way to turn them off 1 at a time instead of simultaneously? I honestly hate the overly done bloom and dof but turning them both off results in visuals that I don't like. It seems that setting is responsible for more than just bloom and dof.

I've seen the x-ray, slow-field, and spider mines used by the bots but haven't found them myself in any maps so far :(
The first time I saw the slow field it didn't seem to work. The 2nd time it slowed projectiles like the shock ball but didn't seem to effect the minigun. The 3rd time I encountered it, it slowed my rockets but when I walked into it I didn't feel like my body slowed down.

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Also the main thing this map points out to me is just how damned cool looking some of the water surface effects were in ut99. I remember the very first time I played ut99 was on this map and I spawned in the watery area near the shock rifle. I spent half the match just looking at the water and the lighting in that corridor. I'm happy for the patch/expansion but I still think ut3's main screw up was not being an evolution of the art direction of ut99/ut2004.

Water? [screenshot]http://www.beyondunreal.com/staff/hal/ut3/titan_33.jpg[/screenshot]

[SD]JunGLe+=

Sine Deceptii
Feb 1, 2009
Does Patch 2.0 contain all previous patch fixes?
I decided to do a fresh reformatted install of EVERYTHING ! :eek::D
Can I install just the retail disk, then patch directly with 2.0 then the Titan Pack?

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
[SD]JunGLe+=;2263317 said:
Does Patch 2.0 contain all previous patch fixes?
I decided to do a fresh reformatted install of EVERYTHING ! :eek::D
Can I install just the retail disk, then patch directly with 2.0 then the Titan Pack?
Patches include all previous patches, so yeah. All you should need is your retail disc, 2.0, and Titan Pack.

Of course, if you want to Steam your UT3, you can do that as well. :p

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
for some reason i'm unlocking steam achievements left, right and centre despite the fact that i haven't registered my copy with steam :p

I don't know what epic did..... the game is very fun all of a sudden.
But it wouldn't be a post about ut3 made by me if it didn't have some whine to multi kill everyone's glee.

Duel is still a useless game mode which suffers from demoguy. I see no point in playing duel unless the survival mutator is also enabled. Unfortunately turning on the survival mutator is like flicking the demoguy switch from "off" to "on". Duel with survival enabled results in everyone appearing as demoguy. I hoped they would fix this.

that is all.

Last edited:

P0L4T

Mar 2, 2009
i didn't say that i don't want it to be possible to get a non-steam version, i only said, that i want it to get on steam, and if you don't you don't have to.

anyway, the titan pack won't really work muntil the update is really available on steam, since all the achievements aren't implemented yet as far as i can see.
The new Titan Pack is in the UT3 black edition on Steam, and I am downloading it right now, I'll post here if it is with or without Titan pack, however the description says it's included. The UT3 level editor as well.

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
Problem with the menu saving certain settings. I have a list a muts that I like to use for instant action, when starting the game the list wont apply in the match but its there. I still have to go into the mutators (my favorate muts are still there) and just hit accept and it works from there on. Very wierd.

Still wished we had customizable bots and xhairs :(

All in all, epics effort in improving the game is taking baby steps but its improving.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Unfortunately you have to re-accept the mutators, which is annoying (but sometimes nice because there are times where I don't want the Titan mut and I forgot to remove it D:).

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
for some reason i'm unlocking steam achievements left, right and centre despite the fact that i haven't registered my copy with steam :p

I don't know what epic did..... the game is very fun all of a sudden.
But it wouldn't be a post about ut3 made by me if it didn't have some whine to multi kill everyone's glee.

Duel is still a useless game mode which suffers from demoguy. I see no point in playing duel unless the survival mutator is also enabled. Unfortunately turning on the survival mutator is like flicking the demoguy switch from "off" to "on". Duel with survival enabled results in everyone appearing as demoguy. I hoped they would fix this.

that is all.

There is option in menu to load the models ingame, but it warns you it can hickup the game..

Apathy.

Jan 24, 2008
There is option in menu to load the models ingame, but it warns you it can hickup the game..

Also, "No custom characters" has to be set to false in webadmin and MaxCustomChars has to equal the amount of max players in the game. Least I think so anyway.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
os][ris;2263435 said:
alright i'm slightly confused.. How do i add my ut3 to steam? When i got to my pc this morning and opened the steam window it said i had a free gift which was ut3 black. So it's downloading now. Since it knew i had ut3 on my pc do i still have to add my cd key? I clicked on "Activate a product on Steam...." and entered my original cd key and it said it was invalid.. Am I doing something wrong?
Check the UT3 forum for a sticky on adding your retail copy to Steam.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004

The only integration with Steam is if you want to proudly display your achievements in your community profile. The actual tracking appears to be client side or on Gamespy?

I don't know what epic did..... the game is very fun all of a sudden

Placebo effect?

Plutonia_Experi

Jan 28, 2008
I'm really happy for this update.

But I can't help but thinking why did they do n00b bull****s like titan or stupid gametypes instead of fixing what that really matters:
- demoguy (i'm sick of it)
- server browser is ****. Besides that the fonts are ridiculously big (good to be seen on a TV, don't you think?)...the server browser DOES NOT WORK. The ping it gives is totally unrelated to what you will have ingame. Then it counts bots when they are not actually on the server (e.g. I see a +8/10 server, I connect and there is nobody, not even bots).
Of course we cannot hope for a filter that shows only servers with a certain ping, like every online game has.
- bot roster. I don't demand in a UT2004 style, just 2 damn lists for the team gametypes!
- why when a players connect I still see "xxx has left the game""xxx has entered the game" ??

Then overall I'm happy with the new maps.
Except that Turbine does not work with bots, and that Suspence Necris it's so unbalanced I thought it was a joke.