Whats left of the UT community

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliffy_C.

Banned
May 20, 2008
Okay then let's pretend that no one ever posted about

Epic Banned 'me' from their forums!
Epic Banned someone from their forums for posting their own POV!
Epic Banned 'me' for posting something that's being discussed to death!
UT3 has empty servers!
UT3 has no one playing!

Notice the price drops? There's a reason why, it's obvious that you won't pay $50 for a game that has like 5 servers. I also am no fanboi, I don't play the game anymore for the same reasons stated over and over. Get over it and search. The worse fact is that, you didn't even bother looking inside the threads.

I dont have to pretend, i can find those post easily. This thread has nothing to do with those five topics.

And what about this?

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=177101

theres tons of post like that and i dont see "beating a dead horse" posted repeatedly in there. And if people are repeatedly posting about those five topics that are "dead horses" maybe you should stop locking and banning them so they can post in the original thread.

Thanks for getting me off topic on my BUF bias users and mods thread though.

@wartourist

thank you for actually posting some useful content. I agree, during my reading i have also seen some just bans and locked threads. Those threads only did what you described. I have also read some threads that if anyone was getting out of hand it was the person defending the game, even when the other person had a better point. And the other person was banned instead of the person who should have been. Sorry to say but out of all the reading ive done, The official ut forum and buf are the only places i find that happening. And not once have i seen someone defending the game get banned or locked unjustly.

Last edited:

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
It's the dead horse again.
Anyone got a pic of what the horse is looking like about now?

dust_3.jpg

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Wow this thread is so original it kind of smells like bantha pudu. (Is that a word?) :Poop:

Most of the people defending the game don't even think the game is close to perfect. I appreciate that you are posting here, but you clearly have not read all of Dark Pulse's posts nor anyone eles that you say is biased towards the game. Many of us like the game for legitimate reasons. There is no reason to not defend something you like when a lot of people are giving it just as unfair of a rap on the negative side.

WELCOME TO THE INTERNET!

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Luke: This R2 unit has a bad motivator, look!
Uncle Owen: [to Jawa] Hey, what are you trying to push on us?

[/offtopic]

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
There is no reason to not defend something you like when a lot of people are giving it just as unfair of a rap on the negative side.
Its rap is completely fair.

Regardless, forum mods/owners don't want to see 10,000 posts about how much the game sucks even if it does and has pissed off a lot of people. It is biased to delete/lock all those threads, but it keeps the forum somewhat readable. :eek:

CoD4 is that way.
icon2.gif

Cliffy_C.

Banned
May 20, 2008
Wow this thread is so original it kind of smells like bantha pudu. (Is that a word?) :Poop:

Most of the people defending the game don't even think the game is close to perfect. I appreciate that you are posting here, but you clearly have not read all of Dark Pulse's posts nor anyone eles that you say is biased towards the game. Many of us like the game for legitimate reasons. There is no reason to not defend something you like when a lot of people are giving it just as unfair of a rap on the negative side.

WELCOME TO THE INTERNET!

First let me thank you for welcoming me to internet, very kind of you. I hope you can accommodate all my needs. You must be the BUF equivalent to the walmart greeter. Except in your case you would be standing in walmart and welcoming the consumers to earth instead of walmart by accident.

Second i never said anyone who defends it thinks its perfect or that everyone has bogus reasons for liking it. nor am i going to go through and read every post someone has made. nor am i saying that every post made is out of line. nor am i saying i have anything against UT3. I have read quite a few post where one person had a good point(ut3 con) and the other person did not(proUT3). The view was obviously bias. Which alone would be acceptable. Everyone is entitled to be a fanboy. However a mod stepping in and banning the wrong person or locking the thread for no apparent reason, is a horrible way to run a forum.

"Wow this thread is so original it kind of smells like bantha pudu." this is exactly what im talking about, along with all the other "thread crapping" comments so far. You **** in this thread but you will not be warned, banned or locked. If someone said that in a proUT3 thread they would most def be warned, banned or locked. Thx for proving my point with your post. Who cares if some people think the game sucks, get over it. But learn how to run a forum.

@T2A

Thank you for actually giving some more insight. You make a good point. Seems like it would be less work and piss less people off if they just had one or two threads about it. Then they could lock the rest and redirect them appropriately.

Last edited:

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Personally i never drop by the official forums since Beyond Unreal is the only site I visit on a daily basis to find out what's going on.
The site is extremely civil when it comes to conversation and the moderators give us enough rope to hang ourselves with at times.
I can't actually recall anyone getting banned here (although I'm sure there's a few) so it is a bit of a refuge if you want to come in here and talk some rubbish without any major hassle from people.
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=177050 is a fair example of good thread with most people giving very honest and open answers to a very legitimate question.
I'm pretty sure it's been asked before or mentioned in some other format but that doesn't bother me.
Realistically, most threads are a rehash of something else that's been mentioned somewhere else so ultimately everything is beating a dead horse only it's reworded differently.
It doesn't matter, any new thread is a welcome thread otherwise this would be a very quiet place since the majority of topics complaining about UT3 far outweighs the positive ones and are infinately more entertaining.

Lruce

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
First let me thank you for welcoming me to internet, very kind of you. I hope you can accommodate all my needs. You must be the BUF equivalent to the walmart greeter. Except in your case you would be standing in walmart and welcoming the consumers to earth instead of walmart by accident.
And you are the aggravating redneck that tries to hit on me! Analogies work wonders! :shake:
Second i never said anyone who defends it thinks its perfect or that everyone has bogus reasons for liking it. nor am i going to go through and read every post someone has made. nor am i saying that every post made is out of line. nor am i saying i have anything against UT3. I have read quite a few post where one person had a good point(ut3 con) and the other person did not(proUT3). The view was obviously bias. Which alone would be acceptable. Everyone is entitled to be a fanboy. However a mod stepping in and banning the wrong person or locking the thread for no apparent reason, is a horrible way to run a forum.
Why? As has been stated numerous times in this thread, this isn't a democracy. People run the forums, and if you don't do what they tell you to do, then you get banned. And if you post a thread they don't like it gets locked or deleted. This isn't different than other forums, you're just looking at what you want to see. Frankly, BU is better than most places because we have multiple people that typically agree on rulings rathwer than actions simply being taken. The reason that anti-UT3 threads are generally locked or deleted is because they don't add anything to the forum. Let alone the fact that they have been rehashed more times than politics or religion.
"Wow this thread is so original it kind of smells like bantha pudu." this is exactly what im talking about, along with all the other "thread crapping" comments so far. You **** in this thread but you will not be warned, banned or locked. If someone said that in a proUT3 thread they would most def be warned, banned or locked. Thx for proving my point with your post. Who cares if some people think the game sucks, get over it. But learn how to run a forum.
Thread crapping is in the eye of the beholder. For example, if someone posts a thread that is utter tripe, then how can any post that is made in it that is on topic not be thread crapping? Thus, here we are.

You've obviously not followed these forums at all and read only a few threads on here. Otherwise you would know that most of these threads you are blabbering on about go on for several pages before they are closed and typically nobody gets banned because most people on this forum are civil.
Thank you for actually giving some more insight. You make a good point. Seems like it would be less work and piss less people off if they just had one or two threads about it. Then they could lock the rest and redirect them appropriately.
We already tried that. And guess what? It didn't work! :p

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Yeah its from Judge Dredd, called an abc warrior 2000ad actually featured in like its own comic a few times. Which is where the red comes in, in the movie its alot more brownish its kinda my view of a newer one hence the shine and stuff as well... Need to fix the eyes to be yellow again those looked better :cool:

[screenshot]http://www.2000adonline.com/functions/cover.php?Comic=graphicnovels&choice=khaos07[/screenshot]

[/more offtopix]

Last edited:

Cliffy_C.

Banned
May 20, 2008
THat my friend is the robot from judge dread the movies i think ... he was awesome and huge and had guns ... pew pew pew .... i dont rmemeber him being red though @_@

havent seen it.. is it worth netflixing?

@Lrucelee

thx for your input.

on a side note is it really that entertaining to keep doing the dead horse thing? I and everyone else got the point after the third "dead horse" comment. Can i make a comment about those comments? Because They are beating a dead horse in themselves. I hope that doesnt cause any type of paradox.

Status
Not open for further replies.