List of suggestions for future releases after 2.87

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
1. The grenade problem:
A) do as many forum members have sugested (snap nade into middle of screen
B) have a small pointer at the top and the side of the screen, that follow where the grenade will go.

2.Proning ideas
A) Should only be able too move a bit from side too side. Not a full 360 degrees on your belly
B)Should have dropping/getting up noises. Sounds of equipment, and dirt, and a small grunt might add in some polish too the game.

3. Weapon aiming ideas
A)a "concentrate" feature- You can use a zoom feature too zoom your view in on the sights, simulating the soldier trying too make a good shot. The "concentrate" should only work for 2-3 seconds max.
B)A holster feature. This would not only look cool, but it would be useful for realism purposes (gun safety is none existant in INF)

4.Weapon ballistic/sound/graphics stuff
A) Tracers should be ALOT less detailed, and maybe 2 times bigger (just for that extra coolness effect)
B) Sounds of bullets whizzing by. only like 4 different sounds are needed. The first two are small caliber sounds-one is a *crack* the other is a *ssshhhh*. The other two are larger caliber sounds of subsonic and non subsonic rounds.

I got these ideas from GR, they realy help make the gameplay feel alot more realistic.

BrownyMan

Poet, Gentleman, Infiltrator?
Mar 21, 2000
USA, NH
Visit site
WellÉ

The Great H&K MSG-90:

506.jpg

It would also be cool if bipods could have some place in Infiltration since with The MSG-90's advent there would be two weapon in Infiltration with intergral bipods.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
I don't fully agree with 2A... you *can* turn around while lying on your stomach, but after a certain amount you'll have to lower your weapon to move your body (rather like moving around prone, there will be a split-second delay before you can start aiming again) and it'll be a bit slower than just moving your upper body...

TitanBlue

KATSU AKIGATA WA NAN DESUKA
Jul 27, 2001
Visit site
1A/B: Beppo said in another thread that the nade-problem is perhaps already solved in 2.87

2A: I agree to FiringAimlessly
2B: agreed ;)

4B: was already suggested. AFAIK a technical problem with the engine.

TitanBlue :con:

rgreene

frag bait
Oct 16, 2000
I'd like to see a release where the team ONLY adds new weapons. If they did that they'd probably be able to get 4 or 5 weapons working in a short amount of time (I'm assuming the majority of the time spent between releases is gameplay tweaks and fixes).

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
Meh? the rocket in normal UT made noise when it flew by, why can't the bullets make a fakish sound? All that is realy needed of them is too led you know your being fired at.