Suppresed P90s, GET THE **** OVER IT!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CrappyChan

Come on snow!
Mar 3, 2001
Ok i use the suppresor on the P90 beascuse its quiet! Its not like i have a ****ing aimbot on, or can see through walls! I'll use if i ****ing want to. Im sick of people bitching about it. You can use a suppresror if you want, but trust me i have yet to kill someone by shooting through a wall, and i don't plan on it. And if i do i'll just commit suicide. Its so ****ing stupid, i can understand that prone bug that we had, cause that made you basicly immortal...

So if you see me on a server with a suppreased P90, don't even try to get me to take it off, you might as well ban me to save time, instead of arguing about it.

{GD}Ghost

Counter Terrorist Operative
Mar 25, 2001
Classified
home.attbi.com
I also used to use the P90 w/suppressor. I never knew it could penetrate walls until after I began using the M16 as my standard primary weapon. I used the P90 also because it was quiet and I liked its operation much better than the MP5. As long as you are not exploiting the "enhanced penetration" bug there should be nothing said about its use (PERIOD)

Chronic

unƒuckwithable
Aug 13, 2000
I second that. I tried to argue some people on TnX who said "no, it's a 1337 llama weapon that kills in one shot"

I HATE STUPID PEOPLE!

Rostam

PSN: Rostam_
May 1, 2001
Leiden, Holland
well i agree, i wanna use the p90sd cuz the normal p90 gives me a headache.... but if its a server RULE, its end of story. Respect the rules, always.

Anrky

Frag you... Frag you very much...
Nov 28, 2000
Canada, up is ****ING Cold North!
I only stopped using it after they fixed the damage it does... I like more stopping power than quiet... but the amount of times it actually happens that you shoot through walls is so little...

IT IS NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL!

jlamb_vo

{GD}Spunky{Pfc}
May 19, 2001
Visit site
I've complained about its use because it can have nasty effects even when completely unintended.

For example, having a firefight, you duck behind a thick wall as the guy is trying to follow you with his P90SD, and naturally fires a few shots into the wall where you would be but would normally be safe behind the 2 feet of concrete. Instead the bullets spill right through, ending the confrontation in a way that isn't really supposed to happen... its just a little frustrating. This follow through motion happens with any full auto weapon tracking a moving target, and in this case it wouldnt matter if they reached cover many times.

Also, and obviously this is partially my fault :) but on Kazahkstan, a guy with a P90SD was exchanging fire with a couple of us near the spawn. There was a large crate between me and the door to the warehouse, which I suddenly saw peppered with rounds on OUR side of it as I saw someone on my time called out. I though there must e someone behind us, so I swung around and shot someone running up to me, which turned out to be a friendly, and those shots on the crate were strays coming from the guy in the warehouse, the shots completely penetrated it and punched through to someone.

In both scenerios, similar to many occurances, no one was trying to exploit anything but just had frustrating outcomes.

Of course, this is all a moot point now since I only play on RA2 servers (thanks Yurch:) and with 2.87 coming hopefully soon, just puttiing in my two cents :)

Faded Soul

Sniper
Apr 30, 2001
New York State
www.backyards.com
I've seen both filled, and hollow crates (sp?), the hollow ones probably could be penetrated normally depending on the thickness of your walls.. I'd personally if making maps add a few.. "empty" crates that'd provide no cover just for fun.

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
We all know how much I LOVE the P90.

But nonetheless I don't mind (on a relative basis) people using the silencer for it even given the bug... but then I suck so much that if anyone can see me, they'll probably be able to kill me anyway... :hmm:

MrSkETcH

Beta Test3r
May 13, 2000
www.tacsim.com
I donno about the P90, but normal concrete walls means jack to rifles rounds. I¡¯ve seen rounds go though brick walls, steal doors and certainly wooden boxes. Hiding behind boxes = jack **** in the real world. :D

People in here just bitch too much. Because of all the bitching, M16 with M203 and 4 40mm nades weights more then a SAW with 4 box of ammo. :rolleyes:

Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by MrSkETcH
I donno about the P90, but normal concrete walls means jack to rifles rounds. I¡¯ve seen rounds go though brick walls, steal doors and certainly wooden boxes. Hiding behind boxes = jack **** in the real world. :D

didnt the inf team get balistic data to calculate the wall thickness the different bullets could penatrate?

which rifle fired the rounds your talking about mrsketch?

and the wooden boxes are hollow for that verry reason :)

anyhow i agrea with jlamb_vo

everytime you trail a enamy that runs behind cover you got a big advantige
bepending on the wall and your angle to it you could get a extra 2 to 4 bullets in your target or even more with thin walls

so even if you dont want to you will get a advantige from the bug
and its imposible to tell if ppl are using the sillencer for the sack of the bug or not

the wall in the middle of dockside if a good example
only a robar fires through it but unless you got a wall hack thats pretty useless
but with the p90 silencer you can clear the whole area behind it as ppl are running up to it

those upstairs office's on dockside again
you know how think the wall are?
16 units
with a normal rifle you cant shoot through them
but with a silencer even @ a steep angle you'll be able to go right through them
anybody using the windows for cover is toast when he shouldnt be

the fences are another issue
the invisable collision hulls there are thick enough to stop all AR rifle round if not fired @ a angel close to 90 degreas
but with the p90 silencer its as if its not there

so when your using a p90 silencer and you see somebody on the other side of the fence will you not shoot him?

somehow i really douth it

besides the p90 is for newbies anyway
its got so much extra ammo its not a problem if you waist any(like all newbie do)
be a man, get a mp5 for CQB!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by {GD}Ghost
As long as you are not exploiting the "enhanced penetration" bug there should be nothing said about its use (PERIOD)

and how do i know your not exploiting it?

hell how do you know your not exploting it?

take the windows @ dockside again
your spraying your p90 @ the windows to try and get a guy there
how do you know your bullets didnt go through the wall and then hit him?

how do you know that when your shooting somebody on kazag who standing in a doorway your not hitting/killing lot of other in the same room behind him because the walls are so thin?

how do you know your bullets should be able to penetrat the kazag walkways @ that perticular angle or not?

how do you know that wall below the a window on EP should or should not stop your bullets

well?

so much for nothing sayed about it....

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
dont like ra2
too unrealistic and restrictive

besides ppl on the euro servers dont use the silencer
only a newbie once in a while and he quickly puts it away most of the time
i dont see a need to play ra just for the p90 bug fix