Jesus bloody christ!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Evil_Cope

For the Win, motherfather!
Aug 24, 2001
well, its been a while since we had a real good religious debate type thread that wasnt a lazy-ass poll thread, so here we are...

ive been thinking.

does it really matter to you if jesus was the son of god or not?
i mean, at the end of the day... does it even matter?

Evil_Cope

Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by Deathwing
Whether he is or he isn't, he's still a cool dude!

and that, is what im getting at? why is the whole "son of god" "dying to save our sins" bit played up so much? and why are people so violently opposed to the idea that he may just have been some jewish political dissenter.

surely, its his teachings that matter, not the religious bullshit

[:p@nanny]

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by mister_cope

and that, is what im getting at? why is the whole "son of god" "dying to save our sins" bit played up so much? and why are people so violently opposed to the idea that he may just have been some jewish political dissenter.

surely, its his teachings that matter, not the religious bullshit

[:p@nanny]
i agree. i believe he was born mortal, sure he was probably "touched" by god, but i dont think god actually made mary magically preganant so she would give birth to his son.

Claw

Weird little hermit on dried frog pills
Nov 3, 2001
Visit site
Originally posted by BangOut
wow you went around nanny lock just to post that? this is why we put it in

Good to have someone keep the standards up.

Rabid Wolf

Piano Man Ghost
Oct 26, 2001
Vienna, Austria
he was some sort of hippie-punk who thought he knew it better than anyone else, plus maybe a bit of an attention-whore.
reeks o' waco. and the roman fbi moved in eventually...

Evil_Cope

Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by Cat Fuzz
I'm NOT takin the bait!!

lazy booger.

its a serious question cat fuzz. does it matter to you whether or not jesus christ is the son of god?

oh and bangout... regarding nanylock, i didnt go around it just to post that, i posted that just because of nannylock. its a reverse psycology thing youve got going on poo boy. and if your scared of this decending into a flame war, why did you post the first (completely un-provoked) flame?

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
because you damned well deserve it for starting a thread like this and you know it

it's like putting a bunch of oily rags, old newspaper, and a box of matches in a room full of toddlers and claiming innocence when they torch themselves

happy thanksgiving

Evil_Cope

Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by BangOut
because you damned well deserve it for starting a thread like this and you know it

it's like putting a bunch of oily rags, old newspaper, and a box of matches in a room full of toddlers and claiming innocence when they torch themselves

happy thanksgiving

pfff.

i seriously want an answer. consider yourself ignored poo boy.

Cat Fuzz

Qualthwar's Minion. Ph34r!
Originally posted by mister_cope

pfff.

i seriously want an answer. consider yourself ignored poo boy.

I would like to give an answer but I'd just be attacked for it and I'd have to defend myself, then I'd be attacked again and I'd have to defend myself again, then I'd be attacked again and then I'd have to defend myself again, then I'd be attacked again...............get the idea?

lucifix

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
Nov 3, 2001
A Deeper Kind Of Slumber
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by Cat Fuzz

I would like to give an answer but I'd just be attacked for it and I'd have to defend myself, then I'd be attacked again and I'd have to defend myself again, then I'd be attacked again and then I'd have to defend myself again, then I'd be attacked again...............get the idea?
no it doesnt have to be that way, just give an honest simple answer. personally to me jesus is jesus no matter if he was the son of god or not ;)

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
Did you know cannon balls float in liquid Mercury?

Sorry, what were you talking about?

BangOut

...smells like groin.
Nov 4, 2001
Right behind you...
Wow, that's interesting. Mercury must be pretty dense. Did you know that in the Civil War, cannonballs fired from Fort Sumter in Charleston's harbor would bounce off of the Palmetto trees on the shores of the river? Their trunks are known for being so strong and yet flexible as well: that's why they are the state tree and are featured on the state license plate.

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
Gosh, that's interesting too. Perhaps the military should consider making armoured personnel carriers out of those trees. I'll 'fire' off a quick e-mail to Colin Powell.