Should I or should I not?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
I'm getting tired of finding all the good girls taken. So, one of these girls is going to recieve this in their mailbox... She's probably the closest thing to "My perfect wife/gf" I have ever seen. Sadly though, she has a boyfriend back home (were on a college campus). I've only seen 1 off campus relationship last, so I figure "Why not". I wrote this poem up and will hope she doesn't think of me as a freak - I doubt she will though, me and her have talked frequently.

Yes, I do write a lot :) Where the single letter is on a line is where I did a drop caps thing in a different font. Just tack it on to the word on the next line.

-------------=================---------------
To Amanda…

Where does my heart lead me?
Why has it's call not been answered?
When will it feel a response?
Who will not leave it unanswered?

I feel heavy and sick
torn between reality and dreams
breathing is a feat to accomplish
torn between living and loving

Compassion is an understatement
I see nothing but beauty and purity from you
speak your mind to me now
so that I may rest and be healed

M
atch my words please with your eyes
See within the divinities without lies
I
nto the sun I stare with all my might
C
apture us now, take us with flight.

Your amber glow warms my soul
Invigorating is the hope of contact
I do not desire, I need
what else is there to feed?

Please speak to me, give me a sign
Torture is all I receive and hear
letting you and nothing else come to mind
something, just something, speak to me not from behind

Walls I see of people and fear
Break them down I will - all for you, please come near
Don't leave me in this shell of questions
absent is my state of loss and despair

I feel so weak without you even knowing how it really is
I want to speak - dare I say the truth?
What I feel about you is greater than most
Living a tortured existence, bound under a host

People point and laugh, do they cry?
Tears of anguish flood my face, torture is living high
Something to speak to my spirit please, something now
I have waited and waited all for what, when I bow?

Don't walk past me please, let me express to you my thoughts
I will hear everything of yours, and mend the anguish brought
For nothing can quench what I feel excluding God's will
nothing man can accomplish to see or think, nothing within your sacred hill

Your body and mind are of the greatest of temples among us
God has truly reveled in your existence
H
ow he could go without blessing you more
I don't understand why he hasn't opened your door

Reach for me, take me into your sight
Softly I will speak and ne'er will I bite
grasp my hand and walk with me
may we both walk together in the light.

Are my dreams in vain?
Do I trod down a barred path?
Should I turn back whence I came,
living my life as if you are just that name?

E
at of my fruits, for they are sweetened for you.
L
ive on, with or without my will to ensue.
L
ock my cage if you must,
E
vermore will I leave you to your love, your life, your trust.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I understand that you have a boyfriend back home (at least that’s what I was told), but I really felt this was necessary for me at least. Expression is what keeps my going. Expression quenches the pain that racks my body. Expression helps me to remember who I am and inspires me to stop being what I’m not. I’m sure you’ve figured out who’s written this by now, but if not, don’t worry :) We are all loved in secret by a million different souls, lusted upon by 2 million different eyes, but we only walk with 2 legs of those at a time. May the ones you journey with carry you across unlimited miles of happiness, and may their soul strengthen you. It will hurt me no more to see you carry on with someone besides me. I am but a writer expressing emotion to satisfy the soul.

-----------------=================---------------

Ok, that's it. Think I should go ahead? I want to, but I'm not totally sure :)

DENSRAW

Grammaton Cleric
Dec 21, 2000
If by Amanda, you mean Balli, then by all means go for it! :D

But seriously, send it. And tell us all how it turns out.

Original9

Deleted.
Jul 28, 2001
Damn, are you Italian? You seem to feel deep.

Anyway, coming form a 13 year old, I think you should go with it. I think you have a good chance. :)

FiringAimlessly

NOT going to waste another minute on CS!
Sep 18, 2001
BY GOD YES

Even a lifetime of failure is better than one of missed chances.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Ive seen too many possible chances go by for this kinda thing.
Do it. Then kick her boyfriend's ass. :D Im tired of hearing the "boyfriend at home"(or girlfriend, lets be PC here) excuse myself.

Mad_Dog

Voice Of Reason
Mar 27, 2001
Soviet Canuckistan
www.planetunreal.com
i don't mean to rain on your parade but i wouldn't send the letter... that sort of thing happened to my ex-g/f and her roommate (both in off campus relationships) and it was just really wierd for them, and they never talked to the guys again... (btw, she isn't my ex because of distance, it was a lot of other things). if her relationship isn't gonna work, if probably won't last past christmas, or thanksgiving that's the normal breakup time. wait till then, and when she does break up, be ready to jump in there. good luck!:)

BrownyMan

Poet, Gentleman, Infiltrator?
Mar 21, 2000
USA, NH
Visit site
WellÉ

Thrash, to get some advice from a fellow poet and romantist. It would seem to me the only question for an answer you should be seeking is not if, but when and where would be the perfect place to give such a romantic and indeed beautiful peice of writing? And that if for you to deside. :)

One last thing, it's always best if you read the poem to her in your voice if you can find the strength and courage to do it. And yes I know while giving a poem is one thing, reciting is an even harder endevour. But if you can, having it being read in your voice, the way it was meant to be heard will make it that much more powerful

--Helpful tips from Dr. Love, Erik (BrownyMan).

BrownyMan

Poet, Gentleman, Infiltrator?
Mar 21, 2000
USA, NH
Visit site
Originally posted by BlAcK_PlAgUe22
Whats the worst that can happen if she says no? Her friends giggle? :p

Go for it! :D

You know it's funny. I've spent a lot of time asking myself that question when it comes to asking a woman from whom I care deeply about. "Really! What have I got to lose?" While it has always seemed nothing, and I often questioned myself as to what would make me feel reluctant about saying something anyway. But in anycase, I relized after a lot of time, just what I have to lose.

You lose the fantasy.

You lose the idea that somehow, perhaps, maybe, just maybe she cares about you. Granted with a few simple and endearing words that fantasy can change to an even more profound reality, but if she were to not like you, you've lost the one thing you can have about her. You can no longer spectulate or wonder.

But anyways I'm rambling. Get to business my friend it always is wonderful tell a woman just how much you care about her. :)

Mad_Dog

Voice Of Reason
Mar 27, 2001
Soviet Canuckistan
www.planetunreal.com
also, a lot of long distance relationships last a long, long time... especially at a christian college. me and my ex had a LDR for 2 1/2 years... during high school we were a hour away (not too far once i got my licence) and at college about 8 hours, and it was great. we eventually broke up becuase she was a very devout catholic, and i like whiskey a lot, but the distance was never a issue. don't assume too much in that regard...

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
Browny: Heh, I actually have a few poems written out, even more deep than this one. THOSE are the ones that get read.

Mad Dog: Yeah, you do speak words of wisdom. It is a risk I'm taking... but life does go on. It's not like I'm ever going to commit suicide over a girl. I'd never commit suicide over ANYTHING, as it's against my doctrine :) Any kind of emotion experienced for me is a new opportunity to write. Besides, I think I had better jump at this opportunity now... I know 2 not cool womanizer guys on campus who would scoop her up at the first sign of weakness. That's something I DESPISE when it happens.

Mad_Dog

Voice Of Reason
Mar 27, 2001
Soviet Canuckistan
www.planetunreal.com
Originally posted by Thrash123
Besides, I think I had better jump at this opportunity now... I know 2 not cool womanizer guys on campus who would scoop her up at the first sign of weakness. That's something I DESPISE when it happens.

i definitely agree with you there. you know how it would work better than any of us... if you think it'll be good, then go for it.:tup::)

&

"Sp!ke"

Actually I have read some, its just that I think the longer they are the more "fake" they seem...