The MOST dishonurable form of cheating is.........

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
The most dishonurable form of cheating in UT is guarding a spawn site in Assault and blowing up people the moment they respawn. Is anyone else fed up of this happening to them? In assault on Overlord I have noticed that when you penetrate the boiler room, and the spawn point changes. Some of the defenders wait by the spawn point and frag anyone who is spawned. In my mind this is totaly unfair. People dont even see there attackers before they end up a smeer on the ground. Say no to Spawn Hunters!

Hmm. So you are fighing against the attackers near the boiler room and kill them off. They respawn right next to you; are you saying that we should let them run up the shaft without hurting them?

Notice that they respawn 10 feet from rockets, flak, armor, rifle, r/l and machine gun. I guess, to be nice, we should let them get armoured and armed before taking a shot at them? I think that map is screwed up since it forces you to do it.

Ok, now here is a point I might agree with: it is probably not nice to run down to the beach and lob flak into the landing craft. I have done this, and it is very effective because the attackers stop and fight in the water. All of the guys in the towers and foxholes can just pulverize them while they try to kill the one defender in the water.

I don't do this anymore because I feel kind of scummy about it. I *will* continue killing anyone who spawns next to me, near weapons, 3/4 of the way to the gun, though.

I would like to hear everyone else's thoughts on defenders attacking the attacker's base. I see this all the time; is it L337, or is it lame?

[OF]candyman

Nov 24, 1999
OHIO
www.iamapervert.com
We were on that very same assault map and defending the beach front. One other player went to extremes and got inside of the starting point (the water craft) and blasted them to kingdom come..I was on the beach and was a backup in case someone got through but the final score was him 70 kills and me 20...The worst form of cheating I have saw to date was when a guy made a map and in this map there were around 16 boxes..each person respawned in one...he would use the jack hammer and jump out then he had made a spot on the other side of the map with the redeamer..although the main thing he did was made a switch so that when he hit it anyone and everyone inside of the boxes would be telefragged by him. The redeamer was there so that when he shot it at the boxes a wall would drop down so that no one could get out of the boxes and he would win totally by telefragging everyone who entered the match. The last I saw this guy was in the lead in the NGstats....I downloaded this map and it was quite amazing the way this map was made purely to cheat and for ng stats only...I must say although it was cruel and unfair to all who entered his enjinuity (sp) was quite brilliant!!!

TheWiggin

Nov 26, 1999
USA
Visit site
I suggest you read Robert Heinlein's Starship Troopers and Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game. The best way to defend yourself now and in the future is to totally annihilate your enemy or at least convince him not to come back, ever. Plus the game is set up so that you always get the chance to do the same. I was playing one night on Facing Worlds when I started noticing that every time I went to the top of my tower I got killed no matter where I hid. It turns out that someone was camping in one of the flames on my tower. So I quickly preceded to his tower to persuade him to stop. When he figured it out, he claimed he had copyrights, lol.

Ions

Nov 30, 1999
Visit site
Ender's Game is one of the most amazing books I've ever read!

(Sorry, just had to state that. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif)

(-)Ions

Ah_Pook

Nov 15, 1999
Visit site
-off topic post-

Have any of you read Ender's Shadow? I liked it a lot, but I felt it was really a superfluous book. It just didn't need to be written. Of course, I still enjoyed it.

-Ah Pook

bullet2.gif

"Death needs time for what it kills to grow in, for Ah Pook's sweet sake." -WSB

Worst Ping

Dec 9, 1999
Visit site
Cheating is such a strong word! I haven't seen much cheating, per se (except above-mentioned ngstats-whore) but dishonorable playing? Way too much. Camping near a respawn point is pretty low but I saw one 'champion' actually switch teams and start sabotaging his new team! He'd launch the redeemer at his own guys at the respawn point, knocking them off the ledge and then later, he'd armor up, grab all the ammo, go get the enemy flag and then basically suicide inside their base once they got our flag back!

I was completely new to the game but there were a lot of p*ssed off players! I'm sure he's changed his name since [it was yet another forgettable death_$#^#% type name].

Anyone else bothered by the zombies that sit there the whole game trying to snipe, racking up maybe 6-10 kills tops, while their team gets a**whooped? I've started rocket-jumping them *into* our own base so at least they'll draw enemy fire /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

M

Meister

Worst Ping,
I hear you about the snipers. I messaged a player on the opposing team yesterday, while playing CTF-FACE, suggesting that he should quit sniping(I knew he was sniping cause an occasional bullet would fly by and I noticed on the HUD, he was picking off spawners), and play, since his team was getting trounced(it was 5 minutes into the game and his team was down 4-0). That is why I hate playing CTF-FACE. Half the team goes up and tries to snipe, leaving absolutely no D or O . Since 98% of people trying to snipe on pubs, can't hit a moving targets(or the side of a barn), it is futile and the game becomes a joke.

[This message has been edited by Meister (edited 12-14-1999).]

Worst Ping

Dec 9, 1999
Visit site
After posting a few messages, I just go load up on rockets and pay them a visit. It may mean letting them snipe me once so I can pinpoint their position but it's worth it since they get *so* mad when I kill them from behind and then kill them again as they run back in their base.

If they're on top of the building or at an edge, DON'T KILL THEM. Instead, try to knock them off so they crater. It kills them but also takes away a frag /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif

M

Meister

hehe, I like that Worst Ping. Usually I just make a "special" run(only if we are leading) into their base and head right for the top, ignoring the flag. I'll take out the sniper, with a bullet to the back of the head, with the their own sniper riffle. Then I will park myself in a good location and wait for their inevitable return and do it again. Man that is satisfying and man do they hate it. LOL /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Worst Ping

Dec 9, 1999
Visit site
Thank you! In Unreal I *did* enjoy summoning tons of Nali and then summoning a Titan or Queen.

Still, being called a 'whore', 'bastard' and 'd*ckhead' after taking out five snipers last night gave me a more wholesome 'high'

/~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif If you can't be good, be good at it.

Kenny

Dec 3, 1999
Visit site
If only it could be like in TFC where you can be a spy and look like you're in the other team, sneak up behind a sniper, and knife him in the back. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif