Mover Problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WildWing

Sep 16, 2001
New York City
Visit site
MY MOVER WON'T MOVE!? I have a brush that I've already added to the "world" that I want it to be a door. It won't move even after I added the key frames and "build all" so that they do move, the thing is that they don't and another weird thing is that when I check UEd to see if they are set up correectly they do move? Bottom line I want this thing to move when it's touched how do I do it?

WildWing

Sep 16, 2001
New York City
Visit site
Originally posted by Nuclear Fuzz Grunge
the ultimate novice has nailed it again. UN, you're gonna have to upgrade your name,...you're WAY Beyond NOOB status. :con:
WildWing,
I thought I would add a suggestion. We all go through this when we first start mapping. It's often better to trigger your door, because you have more control over the situation. I would recommend reading tutorials on movers and triggers,...you will use these things all the time.
Read: Lode's All About Movers Tutorial.
Also, read: Machismo's Trigger Tutorial
I did read Lode's tutorial, this was the one I tried 5 times, before I posted this message... Then I tried another tutorial where the door actually worked but now I can't get a texture on the door!?:mad:

WildWing

Sep 16, 2001
New York City
Visit site
Originally posted by Machismo

right click on the mover and choose mover > show polys
Now there is some invisable force keeping from going toward the door?! WHAT IS GOING ON, DO YOU HAVE TO BE A MAGICIAN TO MAKE A MOVER? Machismo please take a look at this when you have the time and tell me what I'm doing wrong.