Incredible News about DrSiN ...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarkByte

LLama Killer
Nov 19, 2000
Montreal, Qc, Canada
Visit site
I just heard from DrSiN who just had a few minutes to join me online and announce me the greatest news of all.

DrSiN has been hired by Epic as their new Gameplay programmer.

I believe his work on CTF/e has not been for nothing since he has shown that he knows much about Gameplay and we will all benefit from his experience. Well, i can say i am very happy for him (and probably a little jealous .. hehehhe)

Congratulations Dr, you deserve it!

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
If anyone deserves a job in the Gaming industry it has to be Doc Sin. I'm really happy for him..and glad to know that his job will atleast keep him somewhat involved in the Unreal/UT community:)

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
How many aimbot coders can say the same thing? :D

HOW ABOUT ZERO?!

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
I think he deserve it.
And hopefully they make use of his knowledge and attitude against cheaters so they make it more difficult to cheat in the next generation of the Unreal-series.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Originally posted by Cirian
Oh... no-one important ;)

Congrats Dr. SiN

Pineconeboy, I hope that was a joke ...... I mean, he only made CSHP :D

No it wasn't a joke, i honestly didn't know. I bought and started playing UT after CSHP had gotten rolling, so if I was around to witness its invention maybe I would have heard his name mentioned. Sorry. :hmm:

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
Well CSHP 4+ was the final release and there wasn't supposed to be a need for a newer version... besides he stopped working on it...
If I had to guess the best case scenerio his anti-aimbot work will be put into the official code in future releases.

So this is definately worth a big Congrats!

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Way to go Doc! I really hope to see some of his ideas put into play in the next Epic (or Legend, hint hint) release.

And a big <nelson>HA HA!</nelson> to all the bot coders. :D

Gamma_Sword

Terrible, Terrible Damage!
Feb 12, 2001
Not There
Ooh nice! So we won't see an aimbot for U2 or UW for a while then... and then it appears, but Dr. Sin would be ready! :)

Go kick sum aimbot ass, Dr. Sin! :)

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
That is *excellent* news. Congrats to the Doc. He really deserves it!

I understand that as a signal that future Epic games will ...

* ... have better cheat protection. (CSHP)
* ... support more fairplay and fun in teamgames. (CTF/e)

Three thumbs up!

[edit]I can't spell.[/edit]

Last edited: