Mod Idea!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know which one, but one of the posts 'inspired' me.

This is a variant on CTF. There are two teams, and the levels can be very similar, but instead of two flags, there is only one. It starts out in the center, and when the people spawn (everything should be very symmetric) they have to pick up the flag and return it to their base. After a successful return, the flag returns to the middle and whoever gets it first should try to return it to their base. Of course there will be a lot higher scores, and there will be a lot of sniping at the flag spot, but there will be a lot of action there.

Or instead of taking it back to your own base, you should plant the flag in their base. Which would bring the scores back dow and increase teamwork a LOT because you can't just walk into another team's base by yourself. Usually.

Tell me what you think and add any changes.

------------------
Ask the carney folk to get it, they're great climbers!

Ions

Nov 30, 1999
Visit site
What if you added a touch of domination to this. Perhaps each team starts out with 100 points. If you take the one flag into the enemy base and take it to the cap point, the other team looses 10 points. They loose an additional point every 10 seconds the flag remains at their cap point. The first team to run out of points looses.

(-)Ions

Yeah, any combination of domination and CTF is bound to be good. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Is it possible for a mod author to make the bots cooperate and know how to play? Not that I'm a mod author, I was just hoping it's possible.

bullet2.gif

Munro

Nov 29, 1999
Visit site
I think this idea rocks!

I think it would be kinda cool with multiple flags though, maybe two or three, then there is some serious base defense combined with Domination and CTF play (mad rush to get the flags, then hold em /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif )....

Do the flags reset, or just get carried back and forth after the initial capture...

I dunno, I might wanna work on this one, anyone else?

Munro

Nov 29, 1999
Visit site
Come to think of it, isn't there a game mode in Tribes just like this? I seem to remember one, although I didn't play much except CTF in tribes (Tribes deathmatch = blah)...

Anyways, I say we put some serious brainpower into this one.... Anyw level designers interested?

BTW,
Tribes ruled, played it for months...
Half Life rockes, never played a single player that much
UT is absolutely addictive, fun, innovative, gorgeous and a truly worthwile game.

Quake 3 is being returned tonight /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Never played Tribes, but I read it is supposed to be pretty easy for a experienced mod maker to do whatever they want, so I suspect it will be done if an experienced mod maker reads this and is interested. Initially, I wanted to know if it was possible, but I guess it is. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.