Jeez, UT modding is rather DEAD

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
what was the last major mod release? Tac Ops 2? And that was like before the summer! Seriously, UT mods are starting to die, and SAS will never get released! And when it does, it'll prolly be over 200megs of downloading (since we all know the guys who work on that mod are feature happy) AF UT 3 looks good, and there are those SP mods like ONP, and Stryker, what's up with The Third Reich? and where did moo arena go? and Platoon 19? What happened to these mods? Did they die or somethin? I was lookin forward toward them!!(SiN2UT is another) :(

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
yeh, still waiting for DragonBallZ. By the way, I posted this on troubleshooting, but does anyone know why Real Tournament Mod would run slow. Does it have more rich textures or what?
thank you.

Big giB

Keep out of reach of children.
Jul 28, 2000
BC, Canada
Visit site
Unreal Fortress BETA2 coming very soon. (soon="when it's done"-Azm0) It's a MAJOR improvement over the older releases, trust me. Current build's 600. U may wanna try that, or u can grab the prerelease beta2 at ftp.unrealfortress.com but there's only one server for it and its alwayz empty. Better off playing 600 for now and leave BETA2 as a surprise. It's been in the making for about half a year now.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
There's a whole bunch of em in the works. There's Total Annihilation UT, The Third Reich, A platform game variation of UT, shrimp was working on a new one as well. That's just off the top of my head tho. I'm sure there's many more than that:)

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
Night's Edge seems dead too....and WW3 is going to wait until Unreal 2 comes out, Perfect Dark 2 UT is going slow, The only thing we can hope for right now is UnF 2.....hope the bots are better in that version

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
nightedge is pretty much alive, their development is kinda slowed down big time after sept 11 though.
Infiltration and tac-ops are constantly in development, can't say much about SF sadly.
Dark Magic is still in development for their next version.
FEBA spirt wars seems to be going real slow now, but I'm looking forward to their new release.
Weapon Factory UT is very much alive and kicking.
Defence Alliance, SAS and TTR are active.
Any news from Unreal4ever? Is there ever gonna be a new version? I'm not so sure about Platoon19 also.

Big giB

Keep out of reach of children.
Jul 28, 2000
BC, Canada
Visit site
Believe me, thebots are already better in the pre-release. You'll love it. I just hoipe we get more players. UnF is rathar shallow ATM. All the regular players are takin a break waiting for BETA2. THey don't want to get bored of the gmae now do they? ;D

The Lamb

....With The Plan
May 17, 2000
London
www.jester-tek.co.uk
The Night's Edge team is currently deciding what to implement in the next big NE release. The background to the mod is pretty complex, and this means everything has to fit into a tight framework, and that can slow down development, but means you get a better game in the end.
There's a whole load of new weapons and more gameplay types are on the way for the next release I think.

Godz is getting close to beta, and we were recently joined by some new coders, so progress should be speeding up.
I have been playing the latest internal release over the pst couple of days, and I can tell you this is going to be a cracking mod with some great music and effects.

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
Believe me, the guys in editing are working...
I myself is into two diferent mod-teams, each with pretty exciting news, a sp-adventure with a combined weaponpack, and a commandeerig-system for enhanced gameplay...

Besides, have you checked out the railgun yet?
It might take you out of your boredom
I'm updating this qquite often so I'm gonna ad a notification on the homepage of when it was last updated...

AriTheDog

frog steering expert
May 6, 2001
USA
Visit site
godz looks sweet. and all you guys who are into DBZ mods, if the gameplay of those sounds cool, check out godz. it looks like it'll play sort of that way.

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
don't worry, you'r patience will be awared :)
big update coming up, probably after weekends, we'r still getting new stuff in for the site update :)
probably two pages :D
good to hear so many people interrested in ttr :tup:
notice new sig :p

The Lamb

....With The Plan
May 17, 2000
London
www.jester-tek.co.uk
Originally posted by AriTheDog
godz looks sweet. and all you guys who are into DBZ mods, if the gameplay of those sounds cool, check out godz. it looks like it'll play sort of that way.

Maybe Vajuras knows more, but neither I, Disector or some of the other team members knows much about DragonBallz other than it exists.
But if it's anything like two super-powerfull flying beings beating the crap out of each other in fantastic locations, then DBZ fans will like Godz!

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
wow Stryker, those models and that gun model os the Thompson SMG look sweet!!

Namu, Team Orbit is getting way too feature happy for my 56K to download the new beta when it comes out, as with SAS, but seems like everything in on edge for a public release! Finally! w00h00!

btw, I know for a fact that Marathon Rampancy is NOT dead...you wait...hehe