Tweak Tweaktweak TWeAk TwEAK TweaK TwEak TweaK!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PissballPeat

Nov 30, 1999
Visit site
DOnt you people ever get fed up with tweaking and puzzleing over a freaking game?

Yall act like its normal to have to screw around with work arounds to get a game running right. or AT ALL~!
I have some news for ya, its not normal.

Epic let anouther fine chance to regain gamers respect slip right through their fingers AGAIN!

Tweak tweak tWeAke Tweake.... add bugs gag puke cough fart weez..\

*snicker*

MRHYDE

Blah Blah Blah
Nov 10, 1999
Portland, ME
Visit site
I haven't even tweaked anything, enlighten me. What should I tweak to get the game to work... oh yeah, I do not need to it already works. Hey go troll elsewhere it would be much appreciated.

To those that have had to do some major tweaks to get it working, I am sorry if this offends you. This person, PbP seems an awful lot like that other loser who had the same problems with Unreal... in fact, he still cries about it today.

What a loser trying to talk people who actully like a game out of liking it. You know its like telling people they are wrong for liking a Chevy.

Spaceman

Nov 25, 1999
Visit site
Actually the only tweak I have done for UT is just to get the best fps to eye candy ratio. No problems with my TNT card. I guess some ppl would rather troll than actually get the game and try it out for themselves. Man you are sad.

[This message has been edited by Spaceman (edited 12-01-1999).]

Wingznut PEZ

Nov 30, 1999
Portland, OR, USA
Visit site
You need to tweak UT to get it to work? Hmmm... I must have done it by accident, because my setup works perfectly right out of the box.

bullet2.gif

Wingznut [PEZ]
ICQ #29598363

BadAss

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
I didn't tweak a single thing for UT either. I worked perfectly out-of-the-box. All I had to do was select my resolution, and desired and my 3D card. That's it!!!

In fact, many recent web reviews say UT is bug free.

BadAss

The Gravedigger

Nov 25, 1999
Pissball, if you got one of these home-made systems held together with duct-tape and crocodile clips then what do you expect?

Or are you just so PC Illiterate that you can't even manage to run a couple of games without calling tech support.

THE**WRAITH_DS

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
Man, you people are too much lol!!!! Hell mine works fine right out of the box big deal maybe he is having a real problem, and people out there don't know when to shut up and quit running people down !!! I don't know this person or what he's really like, but I can overlook it if he's a hard case.. I am going to say something and I want all you people who are not having problems with the game to shut up and listen for a minute before running your mouth off!!! All the people who bought this game because they wanted to enjoy the game like the rest of you do but can't for some reason or another, would like to very much enjoy the game because it seems a little stupid people going around after someone posts for help and gloating saying !! Well I put it in my system and I have no problem with it!!! Damnit when you gonna wake up and smell the coffee Not every system runs the same as yours does, meaning maybe there are problems with the game vrs what the computer has to offer it to make it run right.. I followed everything to a T as far as updating my direct x to 7, installed latest Voodoo drivers , swaped virtual memory , updated modem drivers including network adapter, I have now 5 ip servers to dial up with all highly recomended and all have very fast hook ups,but non of my problems were ever about how the game performed offline!! They were all about online!! And I would very much like to enjoy it like the rest of you people are onlinew with no problems /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif but can't like somany other's out there having simular problems.. Lets see here 5 IP's and everyone does the same with UT constant disconnect icon flashing on and on for no reason with a low good ping and no packet loss.. How hard is that to understand that happening is not normal!!! Yes I could believe with a ping of 350 or higher, but a ping of 140 up to 240 there is no reason for it.. I thought it might be because of the distance I had to go to hook up to the server, but found out soon enough that wasn't it.. I hooked up to a server that was local anhas a very good system with alot of ram and a T1 connection, I was hooking up at a low 95 to a 120 ping at his server with good stabilty no packet loss what so ever, and guess what thats right that little damn disconnect icon was doing its own thing flashing its little heart out!!!! I sat there thinking this is getting retarded and old pretty fast... Now before you go running your mouth off about what I posted I want you to remember one thing !! Put yourself in our shoes that are having problems with the game, and quit thinking of yourselves!!! Thats being selfish over this game and it is not fair to the others!!! And UT my friends is not that important that I would slap stick someone around about how it not working on their systems or quote saying if your not happy with the game take it back!! Is that the kind of answer you would like to here if you were having problems.. But since your not, a little tolorance is required here, because some of us would like to enjoy the game online as well as offline too....

bullet2.gif

I am the one!!!!

The Gravedigger

Nov 25, 1999
Wraith, if you knew how to do a carriage return I might even have read that. /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gif

bullet2.gif

{L}Gravedigger - Diggin yer soul -

"just one more cumsucking lowlife IDBastard!" - ^Stormi^

Wingznut PEZ

Nov 30, 1999
Portland, OR, USA
Visit site
The-Wraith, as I said to you in another thread...

Maybe he is having problems. You could very well be correct. But, is the answer to come into this message board, and flame away at UT? No. To politely ask for help, would be the preferred method.

When you post something hostile, you cannot realistically expect something considerate in return. Just like in real life conversation.

bullet2.gif

Wingznut [PEZ]
ICQ #29598363

THE**WRAITH_DS

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
Well maybe he did try that!!! But got the beat down!!!! Buy a bunch of inconsiderate self centered people that have wax in their ears and mud in their eyes....Now Gravedigger, you listen up, I am not the best typer in the world so bare with me.. Let me you all in on a secret modem optimizers do not always solve the problem, infact if you set them wrong, you stand a chance of ruining a perfectly good modem.. Now here this, a person should not have to

1. Get a optimizer to make his game run.

2. Tweak tweak, and tweak ect..

3.Practically disassemble his system to add things to make the game work..

4.Be told if your not happy with the game, return it ..

5. Be criticized for practicing the freedom of speech!! Mind you if you don't like what the persons saying, do not bother replying and go on about your bussiness.. It keeps the flame wars down to a minimal.. and least but not last

6.If you see post that has a mad face on it , and what the person posting it is typing in anger about something, do not go replying by calling him an idiot or run him down. Because I have run accross problem that baffled the hell out of me to the point I am irrate about it, so try to have patience and understanding.. You only make yourself out to be the fool by replying insults or basically just out to make him feel worse the he already does..

And Gravedigger, if you ever type something like that again,, I will personally find you and stuff a vacant sign on your head!!! Hello is anyone home!!!!! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

I am the one!!!!

[This message has been edited by The-Wraith (edited 12-02-1999).]

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Wraith, with all due respect to the problems you say you have had, if you read Pissball's previous posts you will see that he is not really sypathetic to your problem at all. It's just a bit of prepubescent flaming. He is making fun of people like you who are trying to solve issues with their system compatibility to UT.

BoBVila ]|[ Arena

Dec 2, 1999
Visit site
Pissball is so full of BS...he doesn't even mention his 'numerous problems' that he has had. Maybe they wree along the lines of "this game isn't rehashed, unlike Q3".

SWITCH

Nov 25, 1999
BUFFALO
Visit site
Hey PISSBALL....Your trying to play a game on what's called a COMPUTER. That's spelled C-O-M-P-U-T-E-R.

A computer can consist of many many many different kinds of video cards, procesors, and operating systems. It is impossible for game manufactures to make everything perfect right out of the box for all the different combinations hardware.

If you don't want to do tweaking GO BUY A DREAM CAST AND QUIT BITCHING!

bongzilla

Nov 25, 1999
Visit site
Wraith, as others have said, he didn't say his problem, he just flamed ut. Saying GT had a chance to prove itself and all that, I think GT did more than anyone thought they would to prove themselves with this outstanding and mostly bug free game. IT is pretty much bug free except with a few systems, but that is to be expected with ANY game. There is almost no game that will run on any system with problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.