Brushes setting off triggers?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The ultimate novice

It's MY island!
Feb 14, 2001
Gator Country
Visit site
Actualy, a mover can be configured as a trigger in and of itself. All you have to do is give the mover an event, and when it reaches the final key (AFAIK), the event will take place. Then all you need is something with a tag, like another mover for instance. Hope that helps.

Rambo

Jun 27, 2000
Visit site
Right now, I have it where the elevator only goes 2 keyframes.(bottomfloor to top floor) Which ever floor the elvator stopped at last is where it stays with the doors open,IF someone gets in it, the trigger sends it back down to the bottom and also closes the doors at the top. When the elevator reaches the bottom, it stops and opens the bottom set of doors.(just hallway doors, there are no elevator doors). The problem is, I have buttons on each floor to call the elevator. So, If the elevator is on the top floor, and Im on the bottom floor, and I press the button, the elevator will come down, but the doors will not open because there is nobody inside of the elevator to set off the trigger for the doors. I dont want the doors to open unless the elevator is at that level. So, If it is possible to set up a trigger in the shaft that when the elevator passed it would trigger the doors open,and when the player got in and went up, would trigger the doors closed would be great. Same thing if the elevator is down at the bottom and someone calls it up to the top floor. I have the doors closing working great, I just have the problem of the doors opening when the elevator is called to a floor.

Machismo

Up The Irons
Jul 21, 2001
MaidenHead
cloud.prohosting.com
I now finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.u need to set trigger properties > trigger > class proxmity type to mover . just in case u dont know how - expand actor > brush > mover and select the plain old mover (or elevator mover if ure using it) just hit the use button next to class proxmity type. set trigger type to tt_classproxmity.

if that doesnt work just adjust only this without any of the previous settings - set trigger type to tt_anyproxmity.

hope that helped :).

Rambo

Jun 27, 2000
Visit site
Dammit!

I tried anyproximity and class proximity, and yet still, the doors will not work unless I am in the elevator itself. Here are some pics I took of the properties for the triggers, Elevator mover, and door mover. Plus 2 pics of where they are located.

Trigger Properties
TriggerProperties.gif

Door Mover Properties
DoorMoverProperties.gif

Elevator Mover Properties
ElevatorMoverProperties.gif

Elevator Top Floor
ElevatorTopFloor.gif

Elevator Bottom Floor
ElevatorBottomFloor.gif

Hope you can find whats wrong with this.

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
I would have tried this question eariler, but I haven't been around.

Here's what I'm thinking: for each ElevatorTrigger, give it an event that causes it to open the doors on that level. Make sure that the elevator doors are TriggerOpenTimed.

When you need the doors to open to let someone out, you can use another Trigger (a normal Trigger this time) that the Player collides with when he reaches that level. Since you're going to have a player in the elevator anyway, then it's the perfect way to get the doors to open.

Machismo

Up The Irons
Jul 21, 2001
MaidenHead
cloud.prohosting.com
but lodes tutorial provides a painless solution for this process. why dont you use it :)?? i'm not too sure this is possible. and you'll end up with a big headache like me :). dont know depends on you actually.

Rambo

Jun 27, 2000
Visit site
I ......

I downloaded the sample elevator map from lodes. But its got flaws....If your on the 3rd floor and the elevator is on the 1st floor, you can bump into the 3rd floor elevator doors and they open, and then jump down the elevator shaft. What good is that? Thats not realistic, besides thats not a smart thing when you have a 20 story building. LOL