Please help... Want to run UT Server...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[SVT]Donny Brasco

Apr 20, 2000
Southfield, MI, USA
Visit site
I don't mean to sound like a complete idiot, but I really don't know how to run a server. I have a Cable Modem and computer that I'm sure is more than capable of serving, and while I am not home and at work, I would really like to run a UT server.

Is there some sort of patch or download I need to get to be able to do this? I play it often, but would really like to run a server when I am not home. How do I do this?

Thanx guys, please excuse my ignorance on this subject.

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
Do some reading first:
www.planetunreal.com/theadminpage/

First with cable you'll be limited to 6-8 people max(I run 6 on mine with no complaints).
Second the best way to run it is using the ucc program(commandline server).
Third what is your OS? If your using a win9x derivative you'll need a second program to boost the priority of the server to prevent lag.

Anyways, the above site will allow you to create a server.ini file tailored to your cable modem...

[SVT]Donny Brasco

Apr 20, 2000
Southfield, MI, USA
Visit site
Thanx for the reply, I will look into it. I will tell you what exactly I have right now as far as my computer and setup.

AMD Athalon 1ghz
512mb ram
Cheetah x15 ultra160 SCSI hard drive
Cable Modem
Netgear RT311 Router
3COM 8port 10/100 office connect hub
3COM nic

Windows ME

I also have Linux redhat 7.1 that I could do a dual boot on just for the UT server when I want to run it, would that help?