To fight or not to fight? Thats the question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Are you a pacifist?

• I'm a total Pacifist, War is a terrible idea.

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • I don't believe in war, but if diplomatic efforts are futile then something must be done.

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • You have to show strength to aviod a huge conflict.

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

Sebu_NZ

Kalashnikov's Personal Pimp!
Dec 25, 2000
New Zealand
www.muttonbone.com
Is any here a Pacifist (conscientious objector :p), or war-monger or a semi-pacifist?

I myself am a semi-pacifist leaning towards more total-pacifism, although not the whole nine yards. My mothers side was Dutch and lived in Europe, my grandfather being Russian was sent to a camp, these events had made them total-pacifists and consequently my mother was one too, or that could just be the fact that she was in univeristy during the 60s :p. Although on my father side, he serverd in the American War, and his father in WW2. They were probably not war-mongers but diffently not pacifists. I'm not a tree-hugger but after watching anything like shaving private renèe...no wait saving private ryan :p, it makes you become a pacifist, temporarily maybe, me at least.

Is war an inevitable consequence of the various civilizations inhabiting such a small planet?

Can groups like the UN really only serve for just peace?

Anyway enough ranting and raving post thy thoughts. Looking foward to RL and Zündys reply :p.

AtomicAxis

PHD in keeping it REAL!!
Mar 13, 2001
I agree with you Sebu.

You just not going to sit down and take it if someone comes into your country and says "Oi, dick<b></b>head, we run the country now you are our sex slaves". Well maybe if they where nordic valkyries.

Actaully this is a really complex issue so I am going with "what sebu said".

P.S this doesnt include a war between Australia and New Zealand does it? cuz that is a whole other story :)

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
If diplomatic efforts fail, then you should shoot the diplomats first and try again with some new ones ...

Uppity

Apr 17, 2001
NE England (We hang monkeys)
Visit site
Its one of those things where you just can't really generalise. Everyone has different limits at which they would advocate the use of force and every circumstance is also different.

Ideally I'd be a total pacifist, but that isn't really an option because there are way too many poeple who are willing to use force for their own ends.

Now if us pacifists only knew who they all were then we could round them all up in a field and BOMB THE B@STARDS!

:redeemer:

hawaiian c

)(åwåiiåñ ç
Jan 10, 2001
wait the qestion is what the true meaning of peace when its comes to war? will calling peace be just a time out call for nations to resupply or isit for us the lower civilizations to be in the true meaning of peace

has most people say when thers a war when 2 sides fight for what they beleave in.
??????its peace right then what everyone fighting for???

if not then peace will never truely be peace in time till we has greedy civilization have nonthing to fight for.
come to think of it that will come when theres only 1 man alive in this world...

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
until everyone believes in the same thing we will continue to fight for our individual beliefs, and i don't think everyone will ever believe in the same things. Humans are still just territorial carnivores that separate themselves into seperate factions, the factions are just bigger now.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Where's the "I believe in war as long as I don't have to take part"-option? :D

No, serious, there always have been situations, which could not be solved in another way as in an armed conflict(be it between states or not..).

In addition to that every land needs an army, and that's not that bad. It gives people jobs and other people something to make mods and games and whatever..

And then, if there's no war, how can there be peace?

Snakeye :D