UT Crosshairs mod???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
There was a thread with links to crosshairs not long ago.
Use the search thingy and you will find what you ask for.

Juguard

The King Is Dead, Punk Rock Lives!
Nov 30, 1999
Tustin CA, USA
Visit site
nice collection

nice collection ghost...i need somethign small, hate all the big bulky ones...but you have some that I could use....

hey Sweedix, where did you get that sweedin flag?...

F}{ZaGhost}{F

Skinny, long-haired, guitar playing freak
hmmmmmm
There are a lot of large ones now....
Maybe I'll do a up a load of small ones..
I did the larger ones as UT defaults are all small
seems everone else took the larger route as well

I may have to release a couple of things soon

T

Terminal {DTH}

yeah that'd be cool man. What ILD like to see is smaller ones that were still animated somehow or rather, and of a color or colors that are HIGH contrastto anything ill run into in a map.
being partially colorblind there are times i loose the crosshair pinpoint on the background of a map. =(

how about one that was animated and cycled through colors? *shrug* its an idea anyway i guess

Juguard

Nov 30, 1999
Tustin CA, USA
Visit site
UT is missing this....

ut is missing the option to resize your crosshair to whaever size you want...for example, if I choose a + cross, i would like to make that as big, or as small as I want while inside the game. The reason I am saying this is: I run the game at 1152X864 resolution, bacause, I I go higher, the crosshair size changes to bigger also... I would like to run at 1280X1024, using the original + crosshair in the game, but at that resolution, its too big, making it hard for me to play. The dot crosshair does not look good at that res either...I thought the crosshair is supposed to get smaller and smaller the higher resolution you have, like in the origian Unreal...but not in this case...Unreal 2, hopefully they will include this small option..., maybe alot more skins and model, and no more damm cows...or dif size models....all same size...heh :p

F}{ZaGhost}{F

Good suggestion Terminal....
Now I have a definate project to work on...
I did get hold of the multi colored one...
(haven't checked it out yet)
maybe I can use that as a basis to get the ideas for the rest....
Now to free up the time to get these done....

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
Re: UT is missing this....

Originally posted by Jughead
ut is missing the option to resize your crosshair to whaever size you want...for example, if I choose a + cross, i would like to make that as big, or as small as I want while inside the game. The reason I am saying this is: I run the game at 1152X864 resolution, bacause, I I go higher, the crosshair size changes to bigger also... I would like to run at 1280X1024, using the original + crosshair in the game, but at that resolution, its too big, making it hard for me to play. The dot crosshair does not look good at that res either...I thought the crosshair is supposed to get smaller and smaller the higher resolution you have, like in the origian Unreal...but not in this case...Unreal 2, hopefully they will include this small option..., maybe alot more skins and model, and no more damm cows...or dif size models....all same size...heh :p

i dont relly see what you mean with the resolution problem...

i like the nali cows...

dif size models? the cow is basicly same size because of the thing on his back (it makes the game more balanced)
too bad that the cow doesn't have a friegn death animation,nobody would fall for it the way it is now

T

Terminal {DTH}

Originally posted by F}{ZaGhost}{F
Good suggestion Terminal....
Now I have a definate project to work on...
I did get hold of the multi colored one...
(haven't checked it out yet)
maybe I can use that as a basis to get the ideas for the rest....
Now to free up the time to get these done....

When ya do, would yas be so good as to let me know? i think ild really improve my game. :)

Juguard

Nov 30, 1999
Tustin CA, USA
Visit site
Re: Re: UT is missing this....

Originally posted by Ice Lord

i dont relly see what you mean with the resolution problem...

i like the nali cows...

dif size models? the cow is basicly same size because of the thing on his back (it makes the game more balanced)
too bad that the cow doesn't have a friegn death animation,nobody would fall for it the way it is now

first: about the crosshair, this is what I mean... Try playing UT at resolution 800X600, and look how large the crosshair is. Then set your resolution at 1158X864 and see that the crosshair size has changed to smaller. Then, set your resolution at 1280X1024, and see that the crosshair size is not larger than it is at 1158X864...normaly, it should have shrunk even smaller at 1280X1024... at this resolution, the game looks wonderfull, but its very hard to play with large crosshairs, 1 reason is because is hard to get headshots with the rifle...it blocks your view.

second: about the damm cow..hehe..:p ...its not like playing against a human model, you cant really pinpoint the head, or where to aim to get a head shot...i know that if you practice a lot, you will get them everytime...a head shot for a cow, means you have to shoot the gun, wich you cant really see that well. Anyways, i dont think it makes the game very even. Its just something I dont feel right about, but its not like I can do something about, or something I want to argue about.

T

Terminal {DTH}

Re: Re: Re: UT is missing this....

Originally posted by Jughead

second: about the damm cow..hehe..:p ...its not like playing against a human model, you cant really pinpoint the head, or where to aim to get a head shot...i know that if you practice a lot, you will get them everytime...a head shot for a cow, means you have to shoot the gun, wich you cant really see that well.

Oh, i dont know about that...... been there dont that. ;) aim for the rack, you have to visualise... ues your imagination ro superimpose a normal male model and whare the head would be(center your aim if you have a profile shot again, the approx area again is near the weapons rack), aim in that general area and.... bada-bing bada-ching.... body parts go a-flying. :D

T

Terminal {DTH}

Actually ive been primarally using EG's animated corsshair
#2 for a long time but i like #1 a lot to.
i like a lot if [Vuc] cross's entire first pak and the first two in his second.
and leadercross's # 1 (#' 1,3,6) & 2 (2,6) paks

all crosshair's as shown in your screenshot area on your site there. "/

F}{ZaGhost}{F

Originally posted by Terminal {DTH}
Actually ive been primarally using EG's animated corsshair
#2 for a long time but i like #1 a lot to.
i like a lot if [Vuc] cross's entire first pak and the first two in his second.
and leadercross's # 1 (#' 1,3,6) & 2 (2,6) paks

all crosshair's as shown in your screenshot area on your site there. "/

Great stuff, I'll use that as a refererence point.. do up a few similar hairs and try the color thing