sniper attachments.....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

!@#$%

Dec 27, 2000
is there ever going to be tripod attachment to the sniper so u it wouldn't b so annoying(the dam breathing):rolleyes:

Aldyon

Quiet Fo0!
Aug 7, 2001
Columbia, Maryland
Visit site
Erm, rather a clarification of how you steady your breathing.... Just press your alternate fire once, to get you INTO zoom, then press and HOLD it once more to ´steady´ your breathing, however I rather like using the wobbly crosshair because even when you DO steady your breathing in real life it is still very wavy..

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
and it should be in inf. So rather then sstopping it completely you should slow the movement.

Anyway the best simulation of siniping in a FPS i've seen so far was the way they did it in Deus Ex. You'd always have this shakyness but if you aimed on a player long enough it would get steadier (still shakey but simply in a smaller confined area) and you could take the shot.

IMO this is what it should be like in INF.

c+k|nEVeRmOre

~A.K.A. wesley_sniper~
I have been shooting scoped weapons since I was about 13 years old (about 16 years ago). Maybe I am just overly steady or something, but, from experience I do not understand why you think the reticle should continue moving. When I get a bead on my target, I am very steady with next to no movement until I discharge the weapon. Is my experience abnormal or have you guys just had very little exposure to scoped weapons IRL?

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
my questions as well strider.

With the heavy zoom on a robar you'll notice massive movement if not stabilised. And you will ALWAYS notice movement simply because you can't just stop breathing (and if you do you will actually generate more movement then when you slow it down due to the fact that not breathing requires muscle tention which translates to involountary movement).

With the 1.5 zoom like the C7 has the effect will simply be too small to notice.

c+k|nEVeRmOre

~A.K.A. wesley_sniper~
My observations as far as scope movement:

<b>Prone--</b>almost completely still
<b>Kneeling(<i>unsupported</i>)--</b>a little movement, but not enough to throw me off target
<b>Kneeling(<i>supported</i>*)--</b>very little momement
<b>Standing(<i>unsupported</i>)--</b>a little more movement than kneeling and slightly harder to keep on target.
<b>Standing</b>(<i>supported</i>*)--</b>very little movement

* <i>supported</i> means braced against a solid object like a wall, a tree, a rock, et cetera.

As far as the breathing affecting weapon movement is concerned, it is all about muscle control. If you slow your breating the movement becomes almost negligable, IMO.

Also, I have never targeted an object more than 300m out, so that may be what is effecting experience and subsequent opinion. My experience with scoped weapons is also limited only to rifles. I have never shot a scoped handgun.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
well that is enough for me, my point is that the scope keeps moving under all circumstances which it doesn't in INF. therefor breathing should simply slow the movement to a crawl so you can simply adjust manually as you most likely do IRL for the movement.

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
Yes, it should still move a little all the time. Just dont go as far as they did in deus ex, where it takes you around 10 seconds to aim a handgun at a target 5 metres away :)