AgentX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TableTrousers

SKELETAL BONES
Jul 20, 2001
I LIKE OATMEAL
vanguard.zerion.com
I tried this MOD out again today, and it's not so bad...

However, I refuse to believe that what I have is the latest version of a MOD that's had about sixteen thousand updates...

There are so many many problems with it:

a) Most weapons sound terrible
b) All weapons sound waaay too quiet - most of the time I had no idea when my (for some reason silenced) pistol was out of ammo, or was even firing when the action hotted up...
c) Weapon replacement is odd...I tried various levels; I'd keep finding ammunition for weapons that weren't in the level. In Temple, 60% of the guns are M-4 Assault Rifles.
d) All weapons float.
e) I am expected to aim the Sniper Rifle with this.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
well if even I can aim with that crosshair, I'm sure no one else will have a prob. :D

And I found I used the shotgun more than anything.

And I found in Temple, I had every weapon available. All of them.

AND I found that it wasn't 60% M4's.

Quiet weapons? Did you even fire the Shotgun? Isd the sound in UT all the way up? This may sound dumb but what volume are your speakers at?

Are you sure you're playing the newest one? Agent X Beta 2.

If you have Infiltration or any of the other big realism mods though, I can understand your distaste for Agent X. It was never intended to compete with the big boys. It was meant as an alternative for those that don't want the full realism garbage like stamina, carrying X amount of items, etc, etc.

TableTrousers

SKELETAL BONES
Jul 20, 2001
I LIKE OATMEAL
vanguard.zerion.com
Well, I was hoping for a not-very-realistic weapons MOD...like Goldeneye...

f) People take too many hits to fall over and die
g) Yes, I have my speaker set up fine. UT sounds greta, Inf sounds great...it's just the guns in AgentX...and yes, I have AgentX 2.0...it's the latest version that modsquad has, anyway...

~Gwilym

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
well this is as close to not-so-realistic as it gets, so I don't see the problem. It takes many shots to take someone down... that's unrealistic...

so I just don't see the problem. :(

cornman

Are you afraid of corn? You should be.
Nov 20, 2000
MB, Canada
Visit site
They are too quiet--I wish there was more kick to them--But a fun mod never the less.--Really fun playing the ASSAULT bonus pak maps with it.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
has anybody even fired the shotgun yet?!?

too quiet?!

you can't fire the pistol and say "oh its too quiet" it's been silenced! so has the sniper rifle!

Go fire the Shotgun and come back :D

TableTrousers

SKELETAL BONES
Jul 20, 2001
I LIKE OATMEAL
vanguard.zerion.com
Yes. Okay, you win.

I take back all my arguments because the shotgun has some kick to it. SOME. Just cuz it's much better than the other AgentX weapons doesn't make it so great...the enforcer probably has more kick to it, for instance.

And the pistol shouldn't be silenced. Makes no sense in a deathmatch. And is annoying. Cuz you can't hear it.

And I wish there was a menu for this mod...just so I could add an extra 1/3 of power to all the weapons...

~Gwilym

P.S. I believe I may have an older version of 007-temple...cuz I don't get decals; others do. I get a limited selection of weapons; others get them all...hmm

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
now that's weird. But you might be right. Hunt down a couple versions, if they exist.

I'm not sure why they silenced the pistol, but shouldn't knowing how much ammo you have left come from the ammo indicator, and not if you can hear a gun if you fire it or not? :)

TableTrousers

SKELETAL BONES
Jul 20, 2001
I LIKE OATMEAL
vanguard.zerion.com
when you're in heated combat with multiple enemies, you don't really have time to check the ammo counter...with the enforcer, I'd just keep clicking fire as fast as I could (or holding it, though I don't normally do that), using the sound and flame from the gun (both of which are annoyingly suppressed in AX) to know when the center of my view should be passing the enemy...if you dig.

~Gwklym

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
I see what you mean, but I always take a quick micro-second glance at my ammo counter Takes me about 1/5 a second to do, and I always do it just before and after combat. Sometimes if I catch a break, during combat. Seems to work for me. :)

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
well, the reason why its so buggy is because agentx is no more, they quit the scene, don't remember why
so this version is all you'r going to get, perhaps if they pick it up where they left, but i doubt it

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Mr. White dropped it because he "supposedly" didn't have the time or money anymore..... but somehow he found enough of both to go create Operation Stingray. AND an update.