EAX Files

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

awins1

Aug 12, 2001
Visit site
I have installed EAX files. I have a P3 800, Voodoo 5. After installation of these files I have noticed frame rate dropped by 10-15 fps. I have an Accoustic Edge soundcard which handles EAX. I did not unistall these files, but instead reinstalled UT on top of the UT directory. I see these EAX files are still there but my FPS went back to original higher numbers. Are these EAX files still operating??

SadaraK

Groving in UT since 1999
Jan 1, 2001
UK
The EAX files are still hiding somewhere in your system but arnt actually installed in UT. The EAX are little sods to remove and never seem to come out of your add/remove list but I assure you that unless you re install the EAX again then it isnt in UT. Also dont forget that there are 3 EAX installers:-

EAX library
DM EAX
CTF EAX

and you need all 3 (all from same site).

For future references a easy way to tell if you have EAX on while playing is to find some water get in with a rocket launcher and fire, the rocket sound should be very muffled and actually sound as if its underwater while using the EAX...

T

Terminal {DTH}

you know, i have never noticed ANY differance using that EAX sh|t.
and believe me, i installed it all AND have the speakers to handle any suposid enhansement there was going to be for UT and my soundblaster card. :(

SadaraK

Groving in UT since 1999
Jan 1, 2001
UK
Terminal you did install the DM and CTF extensions after the initial EAX library patch didnt you? I have a SB Live! and 5.1 Surround Speakers and the difference is VERY noticable, to the point where I cant play without it now....

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
UT sounds awesome with these patches, but my rig doesnt have the cpu power to keep them installed. But man, its worth trying just for a game or two to hear the sounds. Underwater sounds are muffled, sound thro walls is muffled, certain parts of levels have echoes, its very impressive.

T

Terminal {DTH}

yes of corse i have installed the entire package. little or no differance. corse, i dont have 5 speaker surround sound either so that may make a differance.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
Originally posted by Terminal {DTH}
yes of corse i have installed the entire package. little or no differance. corse, i dont have 5 speaker surround sound either so that may make a differance.

Yeah to fully enjoy the EAX enhancements u gotto have 4 speakers, 5 preferably (the 5th for the voices) Then it will be noticable!! Like LK said the sounds are muffled when someone shoots behind a wall, the echo's are real life like. The coolest part imo is when u are walking on one side of the map and all other players are having a mass fight on the other side, the sounds u hear when u walk closer to them is so amazingly real, it really sounds like u are going into battle!! WOW!!

Ninja_freak

Katana Krazy
Jul 5, 2001
Winchester
Visit site
EAX Patch Rocks

It's soooo worth it if you have Surround Sound and 5 speakers.

Normally I couldn't get any sound out of the centre channel. Since loading the EAX files for UT it's way better.

Just make sure that you're running the Sound Mixer (or whatever it is) ;) to get the enhancements.

I'm a FrEAk

T

Terminal {DTH}

well i can Still set it to surround sound but it dosnt sound QITE as good for music. ill have to expreiment and see if i can hear a differance in UT that way. probubly will come to think of it

rh71

Lurker
Aug 31, 2000
NY
www.rh71.com
I don't like one thing about the EAX stuff for UT... it makes the rocket launcher load-up sound so loud... it makes me wonder if it's me or someone walking up behind me. The coolest thing about it is when you jump in the water though... sounds realistic.

SadaraK

Groving in UT since 1999
Jan 1, 2001
UK
Ice Man I have a m8 who used a SB Live! and only 2 speakers with a sub and the EAX patches and he still has alot of difference between the 2....