Red Faction Demo???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

flare

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
Visit site
the demo might be a fake or illegal copy of it. because it isnt up on the offical site and its been up on the net for almost 24 hours. and you can only download it off of unknown websites.

3dfiles has it but there not hosting it, just providing a link.

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
well, i can open 1 link, but it then provides more links, and i'm trying those atm

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
I did some snooping around, and found a few threads on the Volition forums. Of particular interest is this thread which features a message from the VE comment thread on the demo that was later deleted.

Apparently, what happened is that the demo was released to some magazine companies for inclusion on their next coverdiscs. However, someone leaked the demo to the net, it spread like wildfire and Volition, knowing that it'll be practically impossible to stop distribution now, have more or less said "ah fuggit, have the bloody demo!" :D

Barrysworld has a mirror up now, although it's full to the brim. If you're feeling adventurous, the link is here.

3DDownloads also has a mirror, over here. Again, good luck :)

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
downing at 32 kb's :/
anyway, post your comments on the demo if you have downed it :D