does fire burn? your choice...bzz

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-dash-

Jul 21, 2001
Australia
Visit site
ok im making a map for ut and i was wondering, with torches, fireplaces and other flames do ut players want them to hurt players or not? personly i hate in games when flames burn that 1 hp per second crap, but what do u think??

and i know this is probably a stupid question so bzz...
:)

Nexus350

Level Creator
Jul 22, 2001
www.geocities.com
Nah leave the flame damage out, you can't call yourself a man if ya can't stand in a frickin fire without even feeling the heat, that's for panzies!!!

cool breeze

Yea, thats really me!
Flames are just a decorative thing for me. I rather not use them for damage. (I just thought of something), unless you could pick them up and use as a weapon. Like useing an impact hammer. Then it would make some sense to me.
For a classic map though, I would think not.

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
If you can accidentally walk into it and it hurts you, that's bad.

If it's out of the way and if the player jumps on it or climbs around the place to reach it and the flame hurts him, it's OK.

If the place could be used as a good strategic location and it damages you, it's annoying.

...etc

Which description would fit your torch? :)