Tribes 2 Mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RedAlert

Jun 23, 2001
Pennsylvania
fullspeed.to
I think that a tribes 2 mod would be an awesome (and very very possible mod) for UT would be great...so someone take on the challenge...The mod would be big but it would kick ASS...

Fluid

Zen fascists will control you
Aug 2, 2000
Maastricht, the Netherlands
Things that UT don't have:

-Huge, realistic outdoor landscapes
-Support up to 64 players ONLINE
-Many types of vehicles
-Jetpacks :D
-Configurable units, complete with things such as repair packs

If that doesn't make ya drool... ;)

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
Actually you can play with 128 people online, but you really need big maps.

And no it doesn't lag. T2's netcode is far superior to UT's. With 56k you can play on server all over the world.
What you will notice on this big server is a slowdown in fps, because the computer must calculate all models.

As said a T2 mod is impossible. Even the biggest UT map is 10 times as small as most T2 maps

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
UnrealTournament and Tribes 2 are completely different animals, and their engines are therefore optimised for those differences.

UT is designed for close up, quick games of straight on person to person combat, whereas T2 is for larger scale, tactical and strategic encounters.

UT is simple, T2 complex.

UT is alot of deathmatch with a little CTF thrown in, T2 is alot of CTF with a little DM thrown in.

Comparing them directly to each other simply doesn't work, as UT's chief rivals are Quake 3, Serious Sam and the like, and for Tribes 2 it will be Halo and Planetside.

Boricua_33015

Sep 17, 2000
Miami, Florida
o cool, Simply Cosmic replied. I played on a T2 server with u in it, and I was saying sup to u. KEWL!!! newayz, T2 r0x0rz my b0x3rz, but I just need a GeForce3 and 2gig RAM and a 2ghz Athlon(I wish they made those!) Newayz, get it if u have the power to run it. I have a 700 Athlon(sucky non-tbird version) and 128 mb RAM, and ATI Radeon 64mb DDR. And I get about 40 fps outside, about 9+ fps outside in a battle and about 90 fps inside. And thats with alot of the graphix turned down.

Drevlin

Uno
May 12, 2001
Sweden
www.drevlin.nu
Tribes 2 kinda.. suck imo :/

Tribes 2 is much SLOWER than Tribes 1
Tribes 2 has boring gameplay compared to tribes 1
Tribes 2 ruined the cool scout fly thing that got the guns.

Tribes 2 is wat Tribes 1 should've been only a few years to late. Besides, Tribes 2 HATES Athlon puters (such as mine) and its nearly implayable OFFLINE, not to mention online. I got a AMDk7 600mhz 192mb ram and a geforce 2 and i get about 10-25 fps at the best.

And it DOES GET LAGGY even at 8 players when there is no GOOD european server for me to play on and lets not even speak of the us servers....

Tribes 2 was a BIG let down. The engine is slow, the gameplay is not near as fun as tribes 1 was and it doesnt feel like a sequell... more of an addon really

Drevlin

Uno
May 12, 2001
Sweden
www.drevlin.nu
Tribes 2 has a real slow engine that runs VERY poorly on a amdk7 600mhz with a geforce 2 and that indicates very poor design - this isnt my oppinion, its a fact...

if you got a high end puter im sure i would enjoy it more for a few minutes....