Nade launchers.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nade launcher removed?

• YES BOTH OF THEM!!!!

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Nah, but the M203 gots to go.

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • No way!

Votes: 22 56.4%

• Total voters

-GAT-Apoculos

Mar 26, 2001
gat.theonlinegaming.com
Well flame me if you must ,but I think Nade launchers should be removed from inf. ESPECIALLY the M203. Bitch bout realism, but fact is they make the game unbalanced. And with INF being slowed down and made to where u cant aim while running as well nade launchers will be more abused. If you ever have a clan war you will know more of what I am talking about. In most clan wars 8 outa 10 people carry a M16 with M203 and Acog, just because its so effective. I could deal with the M203 being removed and the H&K sticking around. I think this would make INF alot more fun and balanced. I am mostly referring to M203 in this post. The H&K is its own weapon so I can deal with it being in game. But 203 takes no skill to use at all.

vedder

See This Needle? See my arm...
Jun 10, 2001
www.myextralife.com
Visit site
I dislike the nade launchers..... But the they should stay. Learn to be better than those who use them, its the only way. It would be lame and unrealistic to dump em. instead, make them so bulky and heavy and expensive that the user will only be able to carry 2 nades max as is the current case, and maybe only one clip for the m-16. If they choose 1 nade then they can have 2-3 clips. All this while rescriting them to no sidearms, frag greandes, or other weapons. Maybe people would think twice about using nade launchers if they came with so heavy a price.

Squint

Mar 12, 2001
Learn to be better than those who use them??Bro it only takes but a minute to master it.Point and click.Only real test of skill is at long range like 100 yards or more and even then you only need a days practice to learn where it'll drop.

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
This rant is about 1 patch too late....

Since 2.85.5 came out I can barely remember my last death to a 40mm shell.
When I was playing 2.85.3 I had atleast six deaths to 40mm shells in a best out of fifteen.

karsh

Y2KHippy-Karsh or WW2Hippy-Karsh
May 24, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
last night i was playing with my girly sarenus(newbie) as we both clocked up around 30-60 kills against us by those M203's in a 3-4 hour session... the rest of my thoughts are in the other thred about this poll

Mar 19, 2001
San Diego, CA
Well maybe you should learn how to avoid M203 shelling spots/shellers. Its not that hard to avoid most of the time since most shellers shell in the same general place and you can setup far away and snipe them when they get into position. Taking away the M203 and the HK69 is a big nono

-GAT-Apoculos

Mar 26, 2001
gat.theonlinegaming.com
Question. Have u ever been in a clan war where everyone had a m203 and each team camped their sides aiming a nade launcher at every possible entry point!? U go try to get them u die. Went that way for both teams. Each team wanted to win so bad that the match lasted over 5 hours! Tell me the gun isnt unfair. Its a good weapon works well enough, but needs to be limited to 1 or 2 per team!

Perhaps this is a thing league play will have to look at and not an inf pub thing.

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
It's the mapper's fault for not allowing enough places to approach from. Removing the M203 to make up for defiencies in map design is the same thing as removing sniper rifles because a map doesn't have enough cover for people assaulting.

Camel_Toe(l)

Form Fitting
Mar 19, 2001
Not Toledo!
I agree with apoc. M16m203 is very unbalanced and abused.

Those who say nades are easy to avoid are right and wrong. In pub games, avoiding nades is extremely easy. Only a couple people use them and they are never organized enough to make it a nade camp fest. In clan matches, the m203 can literally bring most matches to a crawl. With an organized team, almost any map can be stopped with a m203. GAT's match was unbelievably long, lasting over 5.5 hours. That was on dockide! Our match, lasted over 2 hours on Siberia - SIBERIA!!! With ghosting and m203s any match can take much longer than it should.

The m16/m203 combo does unbalance the game, with that weapon you have everyhting you need to kick everyone's ass in the game. Wait till the scores = 1 frag/kill, then the m16m203 will rule again. I definately think the arming range should be severely adjusted to a much longer distance before going live, and I think a fully decked out m16 should be as expensive as the psg currently is, thus creating more of a penalty for those who use it. The bulk system has already been severely tweaked to reflect good balance, I think the cost of guns should be as drastic - to balance the game.

Clan matches are quickly losing their excitement with how long it takes, something needs to be done to end these nade camp fests.

O/T, I think one thing that would greatly help the speed of matches is removing the ghost cam. If that happened no one could say, "he's coming around the corner.....NOW, fire a gren in there!". If this game is all about realism, then ghosting should be the first thing to go. Allow the dead players to follow around a live one in first person mode - well hell even 3rd person would be ok, just get rid of the friggen ghost cam (make it a server side option at least!)

BrownCow

I Heart Gnat.
Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by -GAT-Apoculos
GAT won it poaw. Also Poaw just about any map can be fortified like that. Think about it... 5 guys with nade launchers, not many maps have 5 points of attack to choose from.

HEY DAD!!!

Before i had my accident and decided to join gat i was in acp.. And we played in ilcr and in ilcr everyone used m16 and tossed nades anywhere and everywhere.

I've been wanting 40mm removed since online version came out.. They have never served a good honest purpose.

Apart from a major rehaul, grenade launchers HAVE to stay. Especially with the current prone issues, it is impossible to hit a sniper on his perch when he is proning. So ou launch a 40mm. They are used in RL like that as well.

We need 40mm to combat snipers. I agree though that they need a major rehaul. More arming distance, more shrapnel, more pain in the ass to use, MUCH more arming distance (emphasis), larger explosion radius (it actually is bigger in RL), and possibly being not allowed to use it in small maps like Siberia.

I wouldn't be terrible affected if thye removed it entirely however.

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Being prone is the (relatively) safest position to be in while getting nades.
Double the arming range... At least you will have time to hit the deck.
Or shoot it in midair, if you are 1337 enough :D