The Music of Unreal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
Does anybody know who did the soundtracks for Unreal? I just can't get enough of the music. I have Unreal, UT, and Return to NaPali. Usually when I'm working, I have UnrealEd minimized on my desktop so I can play the Unreal music files. It would be nice to have them on CD though.

The only other games that have made an impact on me through the music have been the Wing Commander series. Even with the first 2 games, with primitive MIDI synthesis, the music matched the mood of the game and I really felt like I was at war. And the soundtrack from Wing Commander IV is right up there with Unreal. Totally awesome. I wish I could have soundtracks to all these games on CD.

------------------
-Wolf Blackstar

"A chainsaw! find some meat!"

NutWrench

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
Hi Wolf Blackstar,
It looks like Alexander Brandon and Michiel Van Den Bos. (I only check about a third of the songs, though)

--Nut

kgbspy

Jan 1, 2000
Visit site
I have the Unreal CD - don't waste your time. There's nowhere near all the music from the game on it. If you play the music on your computer a lot, go get Modplug (www.modplug.com) It's a good module player that will play Unreal's .UMX music files directly - without conversion!

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
Thanx. I'll get it.

bullet2.gif

-Wolf Blackstar

"A chainsaw! find some meat!"

bw82

Jan 13, 2000
copenhagen,denmark
Visit site
ACTUALY YOU CAN GET AN UMX-RIPPER THAT RIP ALL UMX INTO S3M FILES AND WITH WINAMP YOU
CAN CONVERT THEM TO WAW-FILES AND "WUPTI"
NOW YOU CAN MAKE A MUSIC-CD WITH A CD-WRITER
PLAY THE CD TO OTHER GAMES.

BW

bullet2.gif

Phunbaba

Jan 14, 2000
members.tripod.com
the company who did the music is Straylight. i used to have a site link, but i forgot it.. but they didn't have anything to DL or any info regarding what they did for Unreal. and yeah, the CD is quite lacking.. I'll just have to whip one up myself usin' my burner..anyone else want one?? hehee

bullet2.gif

people=shxt

Status
Not open for further replies.