Watch Fascists Live!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RogueLeader

Tama-chan says, "aurf aurf aurf!"
Oct 19, 2000
Indiana. Kill me please.
So far I have seen a German delegate give a speech on disarming soldiers after a war (we all know the German record on disarmament of their military) and a Chinese delegate is speaking now on the humanitarian reasons behind civilian disarmament (I don't think I even need to explain how stupid that is).

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Is there a WMP or Quiktime version?

I don't have Real (and won't put that piece of spyware **** on my computer...I'd get rid of WMP if I could)

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
There are only enough weapons to arm every 12th person on this planet?

Is that only automatic/modern arms or does that refer to any firearm?

Only every 12th human seems a bit few to me, especially since I have more than one weapon..

Snakeye :D

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Jesus, I thought there were 2 weapons for every human on this planet, now reality gets me.

Now serious: why should the UN want to ban all arms in civilian hands? What about hunters, sport shooters, gun collectors or innocent, law abiding people who just want to have a gun?

Wasn't there some regime in Germany in the 30ies and 40ies of the 20th century that banned firearms in civilian hands? Do they really want to do the same thing?

I always thought the UN were kind of 'good guys', but now I have to reconsider..

Snakeye :D

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
You know what Zündy, the black and white UN picture on the first page of that link fits PERFECTLY in my target box (the one i use to train with my air-rifle) when printed, Thanx!

/me goes to do much fun target practice

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Ha ha... I printed one up here at work and have been shooting paper wads at it all day (no gun at work ;) )

you wanna see what the ole UN has planned for you?

check this one out (and mind you this is from 1961...they been at this a while)

Tell me if this doesn't sound like it was written by a bunch of stoned hippies (no offense Dank)
http://dosfan.lib.uic.edu/ERC/arms/freedom_war.html

Donnellizer

Fjæsing!
Jun 17, 2001
Ocean Grove, NJ
Visit site
There is an inseparable relationship between the scaling down of national armaments on the one hand and the building up of international peace-keeping machinery and institutions on the other.

What THE **** IS a peace-keeping machine?!?!? lol

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Peace Keeping Machine = War Machine
Peace Keeping Machine = Police State

hmm...

THIRD STAGE

During the third stage of the program, the states of the world, building on the experience and confidence gained in successfully implementing the measures of the first two stages, would take final steps toward the goal of a world in which:

* States would retain only those forces, non-nuclear armaments, and establishments required for the purpose of maintaining internal order; they would also support and provide agreed manpower for a U.N. Peace Force.
* The U.N. Peace Force, equipped with agreed types and quantities of armaments, would be fully functioning.
* The manufacture of armaments would be prohibited except for those of agreed types and quantities to be used by the U.N. Peace Force and those required to maintain internal order. All other armaments would be destroyed or converted to peaceful purposes.
* The peace-keeping capabilities of the United Nations would be sufficiently strong and the obligations of all states under such arrangements sufficiently far-reaching as to assure peace and the just settlement of differences in a disarmed world.