bullets penetrating through people

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dr. Beer

go away and die
May 22, 2001
Visit site
Tested this out with a Robar and two people.

If you shoot a robar directly and two people in line, it will only kill one, and not even wound the one behind him. You'd think a .50 bullet than can bust up engine blocks would go through more than one person. :)

A suggestion... apply ballistics to people as well.

bullet whizzing sounds as they fly near you would be very cool. talk to real soldiers who have been shot at and they'll tell you it's actually quite loud.

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
I dont know about now, but in future release we will have keveler vest and i think it should stop the bullet from getting ou from your back.

But for now it could be nice to take out 2 people in a line with the robar.

Mar 19, 2001
San Diego, CA
You can I think. I was once playing installation and someone entered the main wherehouse (we were red and it was beggining of the round) and there was a blue guy in the far corner with a robar. I had just walked in the doorway when the blue guy pulled the trigger at the guy infront of me and we both died. (And no there was no one behind me)

Dr. Beer

go away and die
May 22, 2001
Visit site
You can't. I've tested it several times. They will only go through one person.

A kevlar vest will not stop a bullet like a Robar from going completely through you. In fact, class C body armor will only stop up to .30 NATO if you are lucky. I am pretty sure of that anyway.

Subsonic bullets do whizzzzzzzzzzz. BB guns whiz if you shoot it close enough to your ear. Trust me I know. :)

BlueSniper

if today was yesterday, what's tomarrow?
Mar 6, 2001
I was watching Tremors2 and Bert used a 50BMG rifle that split a monster in half while traveling throuh a bick wall, three barrels, and the front of a car. is this realistic?

the big cheese

ze germans! ze germans are coming!
Jun 28, 2001
midwest somewhere
Visit site
but say if you shot someone in the head from a positive angle, e.g. you were in a post or in a position higher up than they were. if you had a robabr .50cal it would most definitely split the guys head open like a melon. if the impact with the skull doesn't mess up the ballistics, shouldn't it (the bullet) travel through his head and into anything behind, such as a person? but if he, the other person, had body armor on, he would definitely be knocked down. i guess the positive angle doesn't matter, but i was thinking that's what i usually see snipers doing (in the perches and such) so it would be realistic that you'd crack someone's head open and it would travel, with less velocity, into something behind it, and knock them down or the wind out of them or, if they have no armor, kill them or wound them.

hey, i went to rotten dot com and i was looking at pictures (ok, ok, i know, it's sick) of gunshot wounds, and i saw a picture of a soldier who had his head pretty much pulverized from a shot from a fabrique french internationle gun (i really am not sure of the spelling on that, so spare me, darkbls, i know that's your gun). there was a little section of head left, and it was dripping down his neck. is there any possible way to model this accurately in the game? like 'gib' the head in a way that would mist? i know it's been discussed before, sorry. :rolleyes: just curious on your opinion, dark or shakken.

Wikkan

Dickhead Fulfilled!
Feb 15, 2001
The first game I heard the super-sonic crack in is Project IGI. The MP5SD3 in that game doesn't use sub-sonic sounds, so with the integrated muffler, you can really hear it!

Dr. Beer

go away and die
May 22, 2001
Visit site
Umm big cheese I dunno what you know about the .50 Robar... If it goes through 10 people's skulls it's still gonna penetrate through an 11th person wearing body armor.

Bullets can and do knock people down. Not like the movies show though. If you get shot with say, a .270 square in the chest it's more than likely going to throw you back just from the impack against your sternum. if it just hits soft flesh however, it probably won't, although if you are using something like a .45 Black Talon it very well might.

the big cheese

ze germans! ze germans are coming!
Jun 28, 2001
midwest somewhere
Visit site
i know the robar from inf., that's it. maybe i'll go research it. oops. maybe i should keep my mouth shut until i know what i'm talking about. :rolleyes: hey, does anyone out there know what 'blood spalling' (something like that) is? i've heard of it and i was just curious. and if it (the bullet) hit some lev III armor, wouldn't the bullet be absorbed (albeit while passing through you) somewhat from the armor, therefore stunning you or throwing you back a bit from the force? dunno, just curious.

Dr. Beer

go away and die
May 22, 2001
Visit site
hehe If a smaller caliber bullet such as a 9mm, .45 etc. hit you wearing class C (III) body armor, it will knock your ass down and will leave a bruise you wouldn't believe, and could quite possibly break bones lol

LCJr.

Apr 14, 2001
Visit site
I just had some bots volunteer for testing and the Robar does go through at least of two of them. I'm going to play around some more and see exactly how many. If anyone has DM-Brikby play on red team and a lot of the time blue team will walk the street leading the main building in single file.