I need YOU to code the new Hack Protection!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

namu

Bleh.
Dec 21, 2000
Dinae Mensa, Tharsis Regio
namu.free.fr
I need really good coders for making a simple yet highly powerful anti-cheat mutator (a la CSHP, but infalsifiable). It involves dynamic creation of a mutator and detection of cheats.

Let me explain simply things first:

. The server is totally reliable, so is any Protection mutator running on it.
. The Protection client is suspicious at first, therefore must be authenticated.
. When the Protection client is considered secure, it can check the rest of the client app (UT) for cheats.

Now the first critical problem lies in checking the Protection client: it must not be faked. The problem is to find a way to make it impossible to fake. Here's one:
- When you start the server, the Server-side Protection mutator GENERATES the .uc for the Protection client, and makes it each time a bit different. That's called Polymorphism: different codes doing the same things. It's a technique used since 1993 in virii.
- The Protection Client is compiled into a tiny .u and included as a mutator to the game. Therefore it MUST be downloaded by the client (remember that it is dynamically created, therefore it has random version number and checksum)
- The server may perform additionnal checks... just to be sure the Protection client is secure ;)
- The client checks for cheats, just like CSHP does.

Advantages:
The mutator cannot be faked like some versions of CSHP4 were with the Elfbot. One can fake the version number by generating a false mutator for EACH version number possible to get. That should take up an incredible hard drive space :D and wouldn't get the correct checksum anyway.
The server generator doesn't need to be downloaded. That makes access to its code a bit harder ;) but remember that obscurity is not security.

Drawbacks:
You need to download a new version of the mtator every time you connect to a different server. That's why it needs to be really small. (It shouldn't exceed current CSHP's size.)
It's much harder to code :D but i believe in you.

If anyone feels interested, let him post here. Be warned that this mutator should be made Open Source, so it can be ameliorated by anyone. The more different versions of this mutator out in the wild, the more aimbots CANNOT bypass it ;)

namu

Bleh.
Dec 21, 2000
namu.free.fr
One addition: it can be made really easier to code by making it a .exe that creates a randomly-generated .uc that you can compile into a .u and use as a CSHP.

This means installation would be:
. run the generator to get a .uc
. compile the .uc into a .u
. add the .u to the serverpackages.

Done :)

namu

Bleh.
Dec 21, 2000
namu.free.fr
*bump*
I posted on CSHP forum, and DrSin finds it a good idea yet is doubtful at it being feasible (Of course it is, it's just a program that automatically writes a .uc using pre-determined parts) :hmm:

Come on people, i know some of you have had a look at CSHP code source and can help me :)

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
YOu can always hack into any protection and somebody will eventualy come with a bypass to your system.
Anyway why waste so much time with anti aimbots?If people want to cheat they are just wasting their gaming experience and that's their problem.
And if Dr sin doubts it to be feasible then I doubt it to be feasible :)

namu

Bleh.
Dec 21, 2000
namu.free.fr
DrSin didn't read it entirely and didn't understand the method... :(
If people want to cheat they are just wasting their gaming experience and that's their problem.
...all the while ruining the game for 5 times more players :(

The point is not that it can be hacked or not, it's that hacking it is pointless ;)
Imagine le lamer lambda aller sur son site de triches prefere, il telecharge un aimbot, mais:

1) le serveur sur lequel cette protection marche a change sa protection (il suffit de relancer le generateur de .uc pour ca) et il se fait kicker.
2) le serveur sur lequel cette protection marche est trop loin de lui (lag, ping horrible, et deconnections intempestives).
3) le serveur est deja sature de tricheurs qui ont deja telecharge le meme aimbot :D

The most important point is that it is really SIMPLE to do. If i had CSHP source code (the internal one) i could make it in a few days :) But of course i need a generic detection system, not a bypassable one, so i can make it open source.

iridium

... loves Mr. Lamppost
Dec 11, 2000
UK
Originally posted by namu

Imagine le lamer lambda aller sur son site de triches prefere, il telecharge un aimbot, mais:

1) le serveur sur lequel cette protection marche a change sa protection (il suffit de relancer le generateur de .uc pour ca) et il se fait kicker.
2) le serveur sur lequel cette protection marche est trop loin de lui (lag, ping horrible, et deconnections intempestives).
3) le serveur est deja sature de tricheurs qui ont deja telecharge le meme aimbot :D

for those of us that don't speak french, here is my best translation:

*cough*

imagine the lamer goes to his favourite cheating site, downloads an aimbot... BUT.

1) the server which uses this protection changes the protection by generating a brand new CSHP, by making a new UC (unreal script) and it will kick him

2) the server which the protection is on is too far away, so there is lag, horrible ping and disconnections all over)

3) the server is already saturated with cheaters who have already downloaded the same aimbot.

so basically it will either kick him, there is crap lag, or the server has loads of cheaters..... am i right namu?? please correct me, cause it doesnt make a butt load of sense =(

namu

Bleh.
Dec 21, 2000
namu.free.fr
/me aplaudes.

Excellent translation :)

Now i need the following:
an explanation on UCRC, how does it work, and suggestions on the ways to detect cheats (the settings to check, functions to call...)

Remember i'd like to make it the most generic possible. There must be some way to let "harmless" client side mods through, like OldSkool, UTAmp or NoSmoke...

iridium

... loves Mr. Lamppost
Dec 11, 2000
UK
well, the thing is..... if you let harmless client-side mods thorugh, then an aimbot can pretend to be one of them, masks its size and properties etc. bad news =(

you could always get permission from the auther and copy those mods INTO your new CSHP. that might work
but then it is always a new increase in size

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
The more you'll create anti-hack software the more Ces pedes de lameurs will find it amusing and challenging to bypass it.
Just let it be and these bunch of adolescents attardes will get tired of it.One day,people will stop talking about it and they'll eventually realize it's more fun to play than to cheat