Spec Question!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Ruby_Knight

Jul 31, 2000
Visit site
I ordered my new PC yesterday. Quick Specs:1.2 GhZ 256 MB of Ram, and 40 GB Hard Drive. Even with this souped up modifications, can i play online on a 56k line, without being super lagged? I used to play Tribes on this comp, and hardly ever had lag, but on my new comp do u think i can run UT and Tribes 2 fairly smooth online? Thx for any help provvided!

iridium

... loves Mr. Lamppost
Dec 11, 2000
UK
well, lag depends on lots of things, not just your PC specs. but with a 56k, i think you are probably doomed to some lag :(. the best you can do is try to find a server that is close to you, or on the same network as your ISP (thus you have a low ping)