Sound problems in Galaxy.dll

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreyMouse

Its whats for dinner!
May 18, 2001
South Dakota, USA
Visit site
Ok heres the deal. I made some custom sound files of different things. I edited and saved them as 16 bit .wav files and saved them as mono and sterio both (two different sound files).
When I put them in a map they import and play fine, but when I use either the mono or sterio version of the sound file and then put a sound file from something like ambientoutside that came with UT the outside files will not play correctly in the map (I get either a squeeky sound, or a static sound), or I will get a error in Galaxy.dll and unrealed will close. This also happens if I use several of the same sound files from the file I created of the custom sounds.
I have reimported the files in both mono and sterio 16 bit wav's, changed the radius of the sound emission, used the ambient and dynamic ambient sound actors and combinations of both, and I get the same thing with all of them.
If anyone has a idea of how to fix this let me know what you did. Thanks. :)

keek

mapper
Nov 7, 2000
The Netherlands
www.phys.uu.nl
Sounds always seem to be tricky.
Make sure each sound has a unique name.
Try reimporting the sound in a different resolution.
it's not much, but it's the best I can come up with. Good luck!