Tarquin Extruder

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MachDelta

Haphazard Nobody
Apr 29, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Wh0a. I downloaded it a while ago, but I was waaaaay to scared to touch the thing with all its crazy ass sections and such. So today, out of curiosity, I clicked on it. I tried a build and discovered there is no default shape. Hmm. It needs numbers or something. So I dug, found a place to put numbers, and slapped some random stuff down. Unfortunatly I was a liiiitle too happy with the numbers, cuz I added some to the randomizer. Holy gee whiz did I have one b0rked up brush! *LOL* Anyways, I read thru the tutorials - honestly most of it confused me... that picture frame analogy was WAY over my head, but the building and the pirate map made much more sense to a lowly high school student (duh, treasure good!). But the best thing were the demo shapes - try and get more of these if ya can tarq! ;) So Ive been playing with this thing for about 30 minutes now, and holy geezus nalicow on a stick - this thing is AMAZING. I cant even begin to comprehend the programming behind it. (Then again, maybe its limitless power comes from something simple? Hah! Or not ;)). But Tarquin, I must kiss your shoes a million times over because this builder just saved my n00by ass! Im gonna be making an alienesque underground base, and ya'll know what that means - tunnels!! With this thing (i'll need some practice first...) I should be able to construct a kick ass maze of tunnels. WooHoo!!! Another thing i'll be making is a large mechanical room - this will be incredibly handy for vents and pipes!! Im just gonna have to watch poly counts... ;)

Anyways! Summary
- Tarquin 0wnz us all
- I suk
- Tarqs extruder r0x
- If you haven't learned to mess with the extruder, DO SO NOW.
- Tarquin 0wnz us all

Thanks Tarq!

/me bows down

MD

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
Hey, glad u like it & find it useful.

The picture frame thing (as far as I remember) was just to explain that the shape gets stretched around to follow the path.
Look at the pics on
http://www.planetunreal.com/tarquin/docu.extrude.3.html -- the length of the green line is different at each corner to make the corners look right. That's all :).

docu.ext3.bends.gif

Re: demo shapes: you mean the examples in the tutorial?
Well, there are a couple more parts of the tutorial that I've started writing. They'll be about stuff like walkways & ramps, and using the preset shapes.

Thanks for the 0wnage :D :D :D