Two BorderTown Screen Shots.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Good Lord

This looks to be your best map ever. I can't wait to play it with the intermediete run, so I can run forever in that beast. That is what used to suck about all bigger maps. You'd have to take a 15 min coffee break after every min of running. So is this map going to bless our harddrives along with 2.86?
Jaymian

bastard_o

Lead Designer
Thank you Jaymian...

I have tried to combine CQB into a large level, the hardest part so far has been the polycount... Arghhh drives me crasy...

Also I have the problem of the player starts... tricky to say the least, to try and please everybodys tastes I think is impossible but I will try...

I have been considering making a version where you can choose your own start point ie each team member is spawned into one closed team area, then each player can then walk to a effect_less teleport which then takes you to your start point of your choice.

I know the idea works just fine but the issues are is that real, will bots do the right thing... will the two extra team areas add to much to an already large sized level... 8,246kb..

At the moment the red team has three group spawn areas which are close together in the west of the town, the blues have four group spawn locations scattered around the level, 2 close to the town the other two groups slightly farther away... so a bit of a walk.

Well we will see what the team beta testers have to say about the spawn points..

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Yes, it doses look great! Can’t wait to play it!
I like big maps like this because it feels so much like the real world. If you have any betas, I’d be happy to take them for a spin :D

-Mike-

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
How are the bots coming along[are you even at that stage?] Because I think I found my talent, botting for INF, I'm gunna release my new beta, and the bots are absolutely god like. [In my opinion, just order them to attack, and 10 sec later, you hear all hell break loose, plus they don't wander much, and they take cover well too] And, my maps super fast. But enough with me.

Great map, gunna love it! can't wait!

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Hey OpFor, care to share any pointers on botpathing? We could all use the help! At least until INF bot AI becomes as good as the rest of the mod... :cool: