Turning Fog off?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Comp625

Dec 10, 1999
Visit site
I was playing a map called DMWindy the other day and I noticed it stuttered bad on my TNT on my p2 350, 128mb RAM... It warned me on the readme that this map is slow, but what i'm wondering is, if I turn fog off...then it should be smoother...(so how do u turn fog off?)

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
I don't recall this map using fog, so it won't make a difference. I have the same set up as you except I have a Voodoo2 12Meg and it runs slow on this map as well.

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
If you still want to turn fog off then it's "Volumetric Lighting" in the 3dfx glide section of "rendering" in advanced options

bullet2.gif

Hellscrag, Unreal single player nut :) , a.k.a. [SkW]Deathwish in DM.
Email me hellscrag@lineone.net
Check my website http://surf.to/scragsite for Unreal Walkthroughs and other cool stuff.

Comp625

Dec 10, 1999
Visit site
Ok good, so I aint the only one suffering from stuttering in DMWindy but I do say, the author did mention the reason why his map was choppy was because the fog made it slow, oh well, i thought his map wasn't that great anywayz was because the "pits" of the game looks like blank blue boxes (the place where u fall down from the castle or whereever it took place). =)

Status
Not open for further replies.