UT vid prob tried many video cards and mobo's

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

thermodynamic

Jun 12, 2000
St Paul, MN, USA
www.geocities.com
Hi. UT is a great game. problem is, at some point in time the transparent effects used for the shield belt, purple gun quad damage, fractal lazerbeams, etc, are either dim and/or don't animate. The lazers are dim (no brightness) and the belt effect makes the entire player look like a lump of gold.

Despite setting it at 1024x768 16 or 32-bit color, gameplay looks "grainy" as if it were really running 640x480.

Problem happens under following conditions with latest drivers and BIOS patches - note that all SCSI info, sound, and processors are the same throughout varied setups:

Asus P2B/128mb/Diamnod Viper II, SB Live value, adaptec SCSI, Celeron 366@550.
Abit BX6r2/128 or 196mb/Diamond Viper II
Abit BX6r2/196mb/Creative labs 3d Annihilator 2 (new card, $300)

BIOS settings were AGP aperture 64mb, AGP before PCI video init.

Happens with Win98 or Windows 2000, same hardware. Win2000 with UT comes up with two DirectX errors but the game runs without any new gameplay problems.

I know the effects worked once, and I've done complete reformatting of my hard drive so I don't know why.

I *did* install the extras CD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!