PLEAAAAAZE HELP!!! MULTIPLAYER PROBLEMS!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Almu

Mar 8, 2000
NEW YORK, NY
Visit site
Hi guys/gals...

I hope someone can help me.

My friend and I have tried to play a two player game. If I create the game and advertise the server, I can see it on the list...but he can't. When he creates the game, he can see the server, but I can't. And, when we do see each other on the list of servers, it takes forever to connect, if at all, or the ping goes mysteriously goes to 9999 and then the server disappears.

We have played each other 3 times before, but now we can't even start a game. Also, we have no problem playing the first Unreal or any other multiplayer games...just UT. His version of UT is lower than mine, but we have played like that before with no problems.

Gamespy doesn't work.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

darklite

Apr 3, 2000
do you know your friend's ip? just use the open location thing instead of trying to use the server finder

Azmo

ul+ra l33+
Mar 27, 2000
Netherlands
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Gamespy doesn't work.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Get VisualRoute from Tucows. If there's a problem with the connection to the master server, this is the best program to trace it. You'll find it at Tucows &gt; Win9x &gt; Inet Tools &gt; Inet Tools.

Get the info on:

master0.gamespy.com
unreal.epicgames.com
master.mplayer.com

Give us some system specs of both machines, how you connect to the internet (56K, cable,...) and what your ISP (Internet Service Provider) is.

If you have a dynamic (external) IP, there's a proggie that tells you what it is. (Anybody know what it is called?)

bullet2.gif

disgust.gif
Don't make me kick your bud...

Almu

Mar 8, 2000
NEW YORK, NY
Visit site
His specs:

450mhz
128mb ram
6.2 gig
56k v.90
Earthlink

My specs:

300mhz
384 mb ram
10.2 gig
56k v.90
Earthlink, ATT

How do you use the open location thing?

Thanks

Almu

Mar 8, 2000
NEW YORK, NY
Visit site
By the way...

Both of our modems are tweaked to the point of no return so we already kind of figured that they can't move any faster. We both have US Robotics.

Azmo

ul+ra l33+
Mar 27, 2000
Netherlands
Well, your hardware looks OK. Does anybody have any thoughts on/experience with Earthlink or US Robotics?

Open location: Start Menu &gt; Run... &gt; winipcfg.exe. Write down your IP (let's say it's 123.123.45.45) and tell your friend what it is through ICQ or IRC. Start your server. Your friend now goes to (UT) Multiplayer &gt; Open Location &gt; and types 123.123.45.45:7777

If you haven't changed the server PORT (default 7777), your friend only needs to type your IP. That's all! :)

Here's some more (related) threads:

modem2modem 1
modem2modem 2
connection 1

Try this site as well:
Cleaned FAQ

Don't forget to try Visual Route with master0.gamespy.com

[This message has been edited by Azmo (edited 06-12-2000).]