420 freeze-ups

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Darryl

Mar 11, 2000
Dixon,IL
Visit site
I upgraded from 413 to 420 hoping to eliminate momentary freeze-ups which lasted a second or two but 420 also does it, maybe even more. I am running full install, with cachesizemegs set from 12 to 18 to 24 to now 32 with no improvement. I'm running 3dfx Glide with dual Voodoo 2's, A3D Vortex-I with stereo surround sound OFF. Other sys. specs: P-II 450, 128MB, STB Vel 4400 as main card, DSL hookup with 3COM e-link card. HELP!!!!!!!!!!! THX!!!!!!!

-V[oo]doo-

Hey darryl,

when do u lock up? during a game or in the main menu? mine has always tended to lock up in the find internet games menu..for bout 5 - 20 secs which is a real pain...not sure if its caused by my modem or the game...let me know how u go

bullet2.gif

Myok

May 23, 2000
Visit site
Had this problem, went to www.3dfx.com and got their latest Voodoo drivers. Cleared it up. You may want to try changing to software mode and see if the lockups go away.