Delta Force 2... ugh...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CBuzz

Mar 5, 2000
Washington, DC
www.planetunreal.com
Wow, what a bad game. I know it's not very new, but I decided to give it a shot because it looked all pretty on the box. No 3dfx support either, so it actually doesn't even look good unless you have a card that supports 32bit textures. Don't bother with this one. just my $.02

-chris

INF_Neo

Infiltration Sound Engineer
Nov 30, 1999
Heidelberg, Germany
Visit site
I think it's quite funny to play it on LAN. But the craphics are too slow. And being in a building is like being in hell! The game was designed for wide areas, not for stairs and rooms.

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
The one thing I liked was the tall grass to lie down and crawl around in. And wide open areas are fun to play in. But everything else was poo poo.

------------------
Marines!!! We are leaving!!!!

G

I loved DF and played it every day, up until I accidentally broke my CD. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Amazing game, but code security left a lot to be desired. Maybe my timing was good, since right after I broke my CD it seemed you couldn't enter a single game without SOMEONE cheating.

Then the DF2 demo came out and I nearly shit myself. Downloaded it immediately, installed it, entered a mission, and...WHAT THE F*CK IS THIS!? Can't turn off the sky textures, framerate of damn near 5 fps, and WTF is this block of green filling my entire screen that they call tall grass!!?!?

I actually made the mistake of purchasing the game when it came out in the desperate hope that what everyone was saying, how the game was far better than the demo, was true. It wasn't. Sold it off to a friend for $65, at least he seemed to have fun with it.

------------------
Gryphon/JTF2
Infiltration Firearms QA Consultant

=JTF2= Infiltration Server Info

G

I loved DF and played it every day, up until I accidentally broke my CD. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Amazing game, but code security left a lot to be desired. Maybe my timing was good, since right after I broke my CD it seemed you couldn't enter a single game without SOMEONE cheating.

Then the DF2 demo came out and I nearly shit myself. Downloaded it immediately, installed it, entered a mission, and...WHAT THE F*CK IS THIS!? Can't turn off the sky textures, framerate of damn near 5 fps, and WTF is this block of green filling my entire screen that they call tall grass!!?!?

I actually made the mistake of purchasing the game when it came out in the desperate hope that what everyone was saying, how the game was far better than the demo, was true. It wasn't. Sold it off to a friend for $65, at least he seemed to have fun with it.

------------------
Gryphon/JTF2
Infiltration Firearms QA Consultant

=JTF2= Infiltration Server Info

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
$65 that's alot. How much does a game cost near you. I can get games the week that they come out that are $34.99-$39.99 and after that $49.99-$14.99. Maybe I'm just spoiled where I live, I can also get regular music CDs at the price of $9.99-$12.99

------------------
"What's your major malfunction numbnuts!
Didn't Mommy or Daddy hold you enough when you were a child?!"
*Blam* -FMJ

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
Gryphon's profile states that he's from Canada, so that would explain the $65. It's not as high as it sounds to the U.S. people.

But DF2 probably isn't worth 65 Canadian dollars either.