Magick Shiznat

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Catalyst

science begets death
Jul 18, 1999
CA, USA
Okay, I know you've all seen it. Those guys who can take spoons and bend them with their "mind" (no, not like in The Matrix smartasses). Do you think this is real, or a trick? If it is a trick, how is it done?

<FONT SIZE=2 color="#A5AA56">Catalyst</FONT>

LordSpoon

plastic fork! my name is plastic fork dammit!
Nov 7, 2000
There is no spoon!
I only bend plastic forks!!!
seriously tho, I think its full oh shit.. i mean full oh ****.

arcticdude_sig2.JPG

I once ate a pie with a plastic fork.

Alpha5

Banned
Nov 13, 2000
I reckon it's all a con but......

Over here in England there's an Israeli guy called Uri Geller. He is famous for doing the sort of stuff you're talking about. He's a shameless self publicist and the media love him.
One of our tabloids had him on the front page a year ago saying that at 1:00pm on a certain day every one should concentrate on a broken watch or clock and will it to mend. Thousands of people wrote in to say it worked!!!
He doesn't really bother with the spoon bending any more because people have seen him do it so many times. I gotta admit I'm naive enough to think there's something to it but stupid enough not to know what!!!!

Gay used to mean happy when I was a kid.

Ballistophobia

Hedonistic Forum Panacea
Jul 15, 2000
Middlesex, NJ USA
goatse.cx
Guys bending spoons with their minds=BULLSHIT!!!!

Anyone that knows anything about life, matter, physics, whatever, knows that anything even remotely like that is impossible and totally illogical.

-=<<NRA>>=-

Jul 6, 2000
I agree... Teleconises(right word/spelling?) is just a sham. To quote P.T. barnum- "there's a sucker born every minute". i believe that that's true.

swirl.gif

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
I think this kind of "supernatural" stuff is bunk. Why is it none of these people ever submit themselves to true scientific tests? They always seem to find some excuse for why they can't or won't do that...

Until there's a rigorous study that proves what they do is beyond the scope of scientific explanation, I'll just keep sneering at the fools. :rolleyes:

Alpha_9.gif

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

John Donne

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
untill those bastar'ds can magically teleport cold beers from the fridge to my right hand in my computer room i don't care either which way. :D

JB.gif

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
who knows.. from what i understand police investigations occasionally turn to the aid of those who claim to be psycic (sp). And i thought i heard somewhere that back in the 50's - 60's both the US, and the USSR funded projects & expirements to see if a stratigic or tatical advantage could be acquired, but neither could produce results so offically these studies were closed... but who knows ( que the X-files theme ;p)

i prefer to keep an open (though skeptical) mind.

boom