HEEELLP!!! My map a is nearly ruined!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

8-4-7-2

Mar 6, 2000
Germany
F*ck! Damn it! Sh*t! OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I converted some music track from .xm to .umx file. Because it didn't work at first, I made a detour over .sm3
I saved them under different file names and for a fuc*ing reason I don't know deleted some files! It seems I forgot that a MusicEvent still linked to that package.
Now when I want to play the level it says:
...package not found

When I want to load it into UnrealEd the grid remains blank!
I tried to export-import the map, but it didn't work!

Any suggestions? Please Help. I put so much work into it and I promise I shall make more backups from now on! I never though that this could ruin my map... :eek:

[This message has been edited by 8-4-7-2 (edited 06-10-2000).]

FedTed

May 15, 2000
Visit site
:) Didn't read it at the end last time... I hade´similar problem whit textures a while ago... I put a week on my map, and then... Editor crashes and says it can't load a texture package. So i re-installed the whole game, but it still didn't want to load the map. I deleted ALL the files (not the texture) re-installed, updated, tested a few times, installed own made texture, and then I got it finally work. But if you have no copy of your file, I don't know the solution... Sorry

Andirez

push the limits
Jan 23, 2000
Belgium
www.planetunreal.com
If you're missing the music file, you can always try giving a standard UT *.umx the name of the package you are missing. This way UT loads the music file you just renamed and everything should be loadable in Ued.

combitz

Common sense is not that common
May 1, 2000
U.K
combitz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
Had same problem.

fix

run the map from your desktop without unreal loaded. It will throw up the error message saying which .umx file is missing, duplicate any .umx file and rename it as the file that is missing. play your level and find out where the sound is and remove it, re save. voula.