New player, please give current features and rules of 2.7

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Resocluvar

Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
I am new to this mod, I have it and have played it for a bit, but I've been unable to find what features are currently in this version, not future ones.

My biggest question is with the alt-fire aiming. The only difference I can see it that alt-fire gives you a crosshair, accuracy doesnt seem affected at all. I am wondering if there is any advantage/disadvantage from firing from the hip or not. I sometimes think firing from the hip gives you higher RoF, but im not sure with all the weapons.

Also, moving around also doesnt seem to affect accuracy or aim much, is this true?

And although minor, will there be an advantage to choosing manual reload?

Is there a place I can get an answer to all these questions? The roadmap seems to only indicate plans for future versions.

Thanks

------------------
Resocluvar...who?

Twinkacide

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
1- Altfire raises your weapon and gives you a crosshair. That's it. Otherwise, there's no diffrence.

2- Moving around doesn't effect accuracy at all yet.

3- I prefer manual reload right now. I hate having a weapon go into a long reload cycle when I'd rather just switch to another. Manual reload gives you the option.

Resocluvar

Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
You're right about the manual reload thing, I noticed those long reload cycles too but I never thought it wasn't interruptable with the auto on.

alt-fire really needs tweaking. I notice when it is used the gun really gets in the way of your vview, especially with the handgun. And I have no problem firing from the hip with about the same accuracy without a crosshair. Firing from the hip should really impair accuracy, and having alt-fire on should slow movement down or really get in the way more of the view. I haven't found what is being planned for these so far, the roadmap doesnt mention anything about alt-fire, as far as I could tell.

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
Actually Reso (mind if I call you Reso? I hope not because I'm going to anyways,) we've had a pretty lengthy discussion about what/how firing from aimed and firing from the hip should effect hardcoded accuracy, reticules, etc. We basically agree with all your points and as far as we're aware, these will actually be added (if not outrightly or obscurely mentioned in the roadmap, then hinted at or outrightly stated by the dev team) in either 2.8, 3.0, or up. Sooner or later all the better goodies will come to fruition. The Infiltration team has been kind enough to design the most kick-ass realistic mod around, and its unlikely that they're going to sacrifice any realism where they could otherwise have it. They want a fun play experience, along with it being real, so all the little things that everybody's noticed are being worked on or tweaked or other wise they're just outright lying to us (though I doubt it.) So hold on to your ass, once 2.7x is out, you're going to see a lot more of the goods added in. Including real, live online play! Finally, some real action =).

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
Yeah, now all I need is a good internet connection. Hmmmm Oh well, I'll just have to intimidate people with my mohawk, and all my gold chains. Hehe. Hey, would the INF team consider releasing a Mr. T skin just for me? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

omen

zapatista
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
i'm also new to inf, i just got this awesome mod two days ago. i was wondering if it's possible to have dual pistols. i see there will be a few new weapons added in future versions of inf and i want to know how they will fit on the keyboard. my best guess is you'll have to press the same numbers twice to switch to another weapon.

Corin

Jan 26, 2000
San Jose, CA
Visit site
Dual pistols will be allowed in future verions, I personally don't like it, but hey, you do, so what the hell right?

Whether the pistols have to be the same model or not, is something I don't know however. Maybe somebody who does can enlighten us.

In later versions, although there will be more weapons, carrying all of them will be quite impossible. The reason being that there will be cash, and weight restrictions; you will need to find a suitable load of weapons/ammo/items, that you can afford and carry. The more you carry the slower you go.

This will all be added in 3.0, which has no release date, and could be described as being finished "someday" /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The next version 2.72 or something like that, will fix the problems with the latest patch and will enable us to play online! Yay! I think we also get a new weapon. My brain hurts right now, so no quoting me.

2.8 will be cool, new first-person animations, definetly a new weapon or two, and if I am not mistaken, a whole new look for the HUD.

Cool stuff. I can wait, just as long as I have the latest version to occupy me.

omen

zapatista
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
hey that's cool, i guess the carrying restrictions add to the realism and make it more challenging. i forgot to ask one last thing though. this one is about infiltration maps. i download so many and i'm worried if they will be compatible with future versions of inf. it would be a pain in the butt if i had to re-download the same updated maps.

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm just posting cause I lost my password and had to change my email address and blech blech blech.

2.7x will fix 413 patch probs and enable online play. 2.8 will have the AE.

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
That's true. Unless your standing right next to someone, I'd think you'd always aim. Well, hopefully with later releases the inaccuracy of shooting a pistol from the hip will be too excessive, making it inconceivable not to point and aim.