Can you make mortars?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MachDelta

Haphazard Nobody
Apr 29, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Im pretty sure the UT engine already has a mortar actor in it, you just need to find where it is. I'd suggest just open up AS-Overlord and hunt around for the Mortar actor(s). I haven't ever used them before, but I do know they can be applied to any map. (SW-ChiseaNightBombing is one FUN map).

GL

MD

Shock6822

Cock of the Walk
Jul 2, 2000
That way ->
as mentioned above, check AS-OverLord, and see if the same triggers or whatever apply to Unreal....if not, then it can only be done in UT (I think all the mortars are are flak shells..not sure)

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
I've used it before. If I remember corectly it's a mortar spawner.
In AS-Overlord looking at the cliff gun from the starting point of the atackers it's located in the upper right hand corner of the beach up a little ways from the floor. If you want to find it in the actor browser I suggest that you look under pawns, or keypoints. I think it should be under one of those.You could also open AS-Overlord and open the search for actors browser and try to find it there.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
yes, the mortar spawner spawns flak grenades. These fly on a preset arc and velocity set by the map creator.

LP

*wants to be your friend*
Mar 2, 2001
Ireland
www.mvpb.net
put them in the UT maps folder, with a UT gametype set in the level properties, that should be it i think....

oh!...and an appropriate start for the level name , like AS
or CTF, DM, and stuff