mouse or trackball, or track mouse?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
I

itskeiagain

I just wanna find out what input devices people use to play INF.
I personally quit using a mouse for games since my wrist often hurts after prolonged game play. I thought about getting a trackball but it was a bit expensive. That's when I came across this pretty cool "track mouse" thing. It's basically a trackbal device you hold in your hand, and it's got a trigger and two more buttons. This thing is really good in playing FPS since it lets me pull a trigger to shoot guns while my thumb over the trackball controls the view. The only downside is that there's no mousewheel. But otherwise it's an excellent device to play INF!
So I just wanted to know if people pretty much use the regular mouse or not.

Antedeluge

I survived the flood of 2000 B.C.
Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
I have the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer, and I think it kicks ass. I like my sensitivity a bit high, and with the ergonomic shape, I can play for hours. (Provided my mousing surface is at the right height, too high or too low produces wrist pain and hand cramps)

If it's stupid, but works, it isn't stupid.

Acrappa

Oh Come On
Mar 2, 2001
www.rampancy.net
Aye, I use that very mouse, too. It's great for UT.

<p align="right">
sig2.gif
</p>&nbsp;&nbsp;

vecna99

All is futile.
Oct 22, 2000
old skool Logitech

Logitech WingMan Gaming Mouse! it's got the classic three-button asymmetrical Logitech shape, but it also has a heavier ball and very fine resolution (for a mechanical mouse). most importantly, it has NO little satan-wheel to mess me up and hurt my fingers.

-vecna_99

K

Krieg

Just the standard intellimouse & kryboard for me. Tonight though i am gonna take the time to setup my Strategic Commander to handle all the keyboard commands. I did it with UT as a test a few months back and it works but the movement is EXTREMELY sensitive as opposed to just keyboard for movement.

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
I use the explorer as well, kicks ass with the 5 buttons. Some people like trackballs tho, so its just down to personal taste.

angryfire.gif
LordKhaine
angryfire.gif

"There is no peace among the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter and the laughter of the thirsting gods."

[121st]Burton

full-auto SIG abuser
Feb 7, 2000
I am playing with the Logitech Marble FX Trackball. The only bad thing about that is, that I can't use all four buttons. Just the right and the left button work fine, but thats no real problem.
It is a optic trackball and very accurate. The best thing is, that I can turn around much faster compared to using a mouse.

seal.jpg

Party's over ! *grin*

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
For gaming, I'm all about the MS Intellimouse Explorer (my day -to-day work is done on a MS Trackball Explorer).

The Intellimouse Explorer is great with 4 buttons and a scroll wheel, and nothing beats optical mice for accuracy, speed, and the fact you never really have to clean them.

page

Assistant Coordinator,
Contributing Editor &
Graphic Artist
<A HREF="http://www.rlgaming.com" TARGET=_blank>REAL
LIFE GAMING (RLG)</A>

Kain

Nov 7, 1999
Visit site
MS Intellimouse Explorer r00ls!! :D

One button for shooting, one for jumping, one for crouching, one for aiming, one for changing weapon mode and a wheel for changing weapons. Then Insert/Home/Delete etc for all the other functions :)

Ghost_Bear

Mar 12, 2001
Razor

Finally someone who uses the WingMan mouse, a good piece of craftsmanship.
I don´t like optical mouses, I suck with´em.
My WingMan is only a ( cheap ) replacement for my ( dropped from to high ) Boomslang, now I´am waiting for the Razor Mamba, cuz the Boomslang was awesome, but gave me really bad hand injurys after playing for longer than 2-3 hours. But its accuracy rocks ( 3M pad / Everglide [who needs the big one when you can have a Razor].

Yours sincerely,

Ghost Bear

GSG9 owns you [ IQ of an average german citizen: 100 ; non-classical secondary school: 104 ; classical secondary school: 111 ; average GSG9 Member: 112 ]