Beyond the call of duty.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
I'm fuzzy on how the game as a whole will be presented, so this might sound incompatible.

But it might be cool if during play, stats were tallied and then infiltrators could receive medals based on these stats (frags and team wins, or whatever).

So, like a Purple Heart or Medal of Honor or whatever, would appear next to my name when I dominated and showed courage well beyond the call of duty during a round (or maybe after every map change)

------------------
Marines!!! We are leaving!!!!

Jarhead

Feb 23, 2000
yeah that would kick ass! no purple heart of course, a lot of people are going to be dying, so there would be a lot of posthumous (sp?) purple hearts. but sometihng like a medal of honor for a certain amount of kills, or just the army chevrons to denote over all performance. be pretty neat way to reward those who did well. oh, and on a personal level, what's up with the signature?

------------------
If you run you'll just die tired.

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
A line from Aliens, when the marines first encounter the aliens. The aliens start f'n shit up and the marines are trying to get the hell out of the complex. Gee, I'm surprised you didn't pick up on that. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

What ARE all the various medals one can receive in combat anyway? Besides the ones we mentioned?

------------------
Marines!!! We are leaving!!!!

Medals sound like a cool idea. A little bit like Q3 where you get medals for accuracy, multiple frags, medals when you reach a certain number of frags etc. These medals if visible to other players at some point (login, or when you get fragged and can see everyone's ping) could also reveal much about your opponents and/or teammates play style. The player with numerous medals for battlefield marksmanship(tally the headshots) is obviously a skilled sniper, and likes to snipe. Players with numerous medals for Valor (tally the multi kills) are the ones who get right into the action and rip other players to shreds. I'm going to agree with Mr. T here and put in my vote for medals.

------------------
That would be me...gettin' fragged.

Billdog

Aug 7, 1999
Denmark
When you have medals their will also be someone ready to take them. While the idear might be "Beyond the call of duty." it will end up "Before the call of duty.".

Corin

Jan 26, 2000
San Jose, CA
Visit site
Voting sounds like too much trouble when all I will be doing is wanting the game to hurry and start, and people will probably end up voting for people they know or their friends anyway.

I really like that idea with the diff. medals for diff. types of asskicking though.