The World's Armed Forces

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MrTicky

Nov 13, 1999
Perth, WA, Australia
Visit site
I think there should be nations replacing teams. Like for example, you join the blue team (US) or the Red Team (Russia), or the Green team (England), or the Gold team (Australia). My friends say that it is unrealistic to have a desert camo in a jungle map! And for the teams they should have weapons provide by their nation. Like the US team (blue) will have the M16A2 as a primary rifle, and the Aussiz (Gold) will have the Steyr AUG, and the English will have the Lee Enfield while the Russians will have the Ak-47.

If possible there should be an option saying; Environment Setting

And you can choose Jungle, Urban, Woodland, Marine, or Desert.

For Identification though, there should be arm-bands, different helms/etc. and stuff.

Thanx for reading! Hope this suggestion gets to ya! Cya mates!

------------------
_-={MrTicky}=-_

Loyal to INFILTRATION!
As long as I live!

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
I don't think that it's that easy to identify a bot if all of them are green..
I have a black bot, and used to kill it because I mistook it for a blue one..

Snakeye /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

------------------
anything you do can get you killed, including doing nothing

Warren

Infiltration Project Coordinator
Nov 24, 1999
Portland, OR
www.sentrystudios.com
This has been suggested before and debated before, in a different form. Infiltration up to 3.0 will not have a class system. Everyone can access every weapon at will. After 3.0 we MIGHT consider looking at an optional class system which could include uniforms from other countries. I emphasize might, and optional. Also, tell your friend that many countries use various camo patterns for various training environments.. I've got a handful of pictures of desert camo running around with jungle. I've also experienced it first hand.

------------------
Warren
Project Coordinator
i n f i l t r a t i o n
http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration

Questions? Are you a FNG? Check out our Roadmap.
Then check out our FAQ.

Snakeye

Mk82HD
Jan 28, 2000
Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria
Visit site
Don't think anybody will be able to yell 'friendly fire', when I put a 7.62 throug his/her head..
Same with the Robar..
Maybe with the AT4 you could yell it as final words /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Snakeye /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

------------------
anything you do can get you killed, including doing nothing

MrTicky

Nov 13, 1999
Perth, WA, Australia
Visit site
Yeah, thanx Warren!

At least I wont have my mates saying INF is unrealistic! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But I dont think we are going to have a jungle map, since we have to find a way to prevent lag while adding whords of bush!

------------------
_-={MrTicky}=-_

Loyal to INFILTRATION!
As long as I live!

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
But I would think it would be possible to create a map that has a jungle type feel to it without lagging down your machine. Just decrease the density of the jungle and add caves, tunnels, or buildings that lead to other sections of jungle. That way you could break it up into zones. It wouldn't have to be one huge massive outdoor jungle. Also, adding fog and decreasing the visibility with less lighting would give it a jungle type feel. You wouldn't necessarily need a ton of trees, only some scattered around with bushes, and a lot of them could be combined into one brush, thus decreasing the number of total brushes displayed on the map. Create the ability to climb certain trees for sniping. Strategically place stationary weapons and bunkers. Add boulders or undulations in the land to provide further cover. Create a POW camp that must be infiltrated in an assault game.

I can imagine playing INF with a map like the jungle map in Goldeneye. Oh yeah.

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
Agreed, Mr. T. I thought the jungle level in Bond was pretty well done. And any UT level could be far superior to that. Not only is the engine superior, but the technology's better as well. People just need to be creative in keeping the poly's down. Your idea of fog is pretty damn good, since jungles tend to be highly humid, and low lighting as well, due to the canopy.