no more John Woo?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

meeba

lurking drop bear
Nov 28, 2000
uk
whatever happened to the double weapon feature?

duel pistols would have been fun ;)

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
No, they would've been stupid and unrealistic. I'm glad the team decided to get rid of them.

-Keiichi

Sig01.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/morisato_81/

meeba

lurking drop bear
Nov 28, 2000
uk
yeah so im stupid...sue me ;)

whats so 'unrealistic' about holding 2 pistols?

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
hehe. there're people who can't aim well with 1 gun. :p

Even if the team did do the 2 pistols they'd be useless with the current aiming system because you could only fire from the hip.

boom

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
This is a military simulation mod, not ActionUT. If you tried to fire two pistols in the Army, your DI would whoop your ass (or at least have you scrubbing toilets for a month) and Inf's soldiers don't pull KP :D.

Believe me, in RealLife you would be significantly more effective with one pistol in the Weaver stance, then with one in each hand.

ZundSig4.gif

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
the only reason i could think of for using to pistols would be to either use them for cover fire. or to prolong your ammo supply. by that i mean you got one holstered empty one dropit then pull the other. might be quicker than reloading. but why you would have 2 pistols i don't know. other than i guess some detectives and such ocassionally carry a backup pistol.

Can you spot the sniper?
spotthesniper.jpg

Too Late!

meeba

lurking drop bear
Nov 28, 2000
uk
ah thanks for the clarification Zundfolge...the standard response of 'it'd be unrealistic' doesnt really explain much ;)

WantonPhooie

Oct 23, 2000
With a pistol in each hand how would you reload?I know they do it in CS but it looks way to unrealistic.