Beta testing abuse needed :)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Ok just need a couple of morons to run through a couple of maps. Ctf-Them is practicaly setup with everything but is very small and actually requires a bit of teamplay to get the flag. Ctf-Fin only lacks weapons so whatever you've got, is it. It's much better without any sniper rifles though. Probally a bit slow overall though. Nothing I can do about that unless I change the setting to a forest type deal.
http://members.xoom.com/Wanderer22/unreal/CTF-Them.zip http://members.xoom.com/Wanderer22/unreal/CTF-Fin.zip

Wolfn2it

Feb 3, 2000
users.uswest.net
Hey just thought I drop this in-checked out the map and I like. Its small and to the point-infact the way the game runs if you get the flag once that a feat by itself. I like what you did just run in or mow em down as they come.

Kill em all and let God separate em

Wanderer

Jul 7, 2000
Well with CTF-Them that's whole trick. You actually need to work as a team.

What about Ctf-Fin then. I remembered somebody asking for a sort of battlefield setting with bunks. Was personally thinking Delta Force but I don't quite get all the luxorious space to work with, nor the better framerate.

Wolfn2it

Feb 3, 2000
users.uswest.net
CTF-Fin? I dont think i tried that one out yet. But yes teamplay is definetely the key in this map. one suggestion though is maybe a "last stand" point prior to the flag. That way the team losing can make a final front against the team using the best team play. Only a suggestion. Maybe bunkers or sandbag like walls? What do you think? I like the map though good job!!!

Corin

Jan 26, 2000
San Jose, CA
Visit site
Ack! To tell you the truth Ctf-Fin is not something I would want to play much if at all.

The distances are way too far and it is way too open to get back to your base with the flag, almost impossible. It's extremely hard just to get to the enemies flag. This map is, at the moment, extremely frustrating, and I don't see it becoming a hit unless there is some cover laid down at the very least.

G

I have to tell you that I'm not a huge CTF fan, but Them is FUN. There have been many others that are supposed to be real world and were weak. The no mans land rubble you have makes for intense gameplay, and it does require teamwork. Good job.

I am also a real world junkie, and the outside is great, but if you could retexture the spawn areas, that would be cool, add a radio or something, give it that bunker feeling. Fun map guy, keep it up! I havent played fin yet, but i will soon, if its anything like this one.

------------------
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.cablelink.com/realworld/index.html

G

I have to tell you that I'm not a huge CTF fan, but Them is FUN. There have been many others that are supposed to be real world and were weak. The no mans land rubble you have makes for intense gameplay, and it does require teamwork. Good job.

I am also a real world junkie, and the outside is great, but if you could retexture the spawn areas, that would be cool, add a radio or something, give it that bunker feeling. Fun map guy, keep it up! I havent played fin yet, but i will soon, if its anything like this one.

------------------

G

Wow you have a nice nack for simple but fun CTF maps. Fin is great, I love outdoor maps BTW.

I do have several suggestions. If its gonna be an INF map, you need more cover, its hard to get the flag and make it back, those wide open spaced are killers. I would suggest rocks as cover, even the broken walls like in Them would be good, it make its really intense. Just keep the poly count down, a real plus for your map is how fast it runs for its size.

Also texturing, see my above post about this. I think that you dont need to have the bunkers colored, when you play the map a couple of times, youll know who's is who.

Great map, great for sniping, this will be great when the sprint function is introduced for INF. Good botpathing too, they actually move around some. Good job keep cranking them out.
CC

------------------

[This message has been edited by coffeycan (edited 02-09-2000).]

G

Wow you have a nice nack for simple but fun CTF maps. Fin is great, I love outdoor maps BTW.

I do have several suggestions. If its gonna be an INF map, you need more cover, its hard to get the flag and make it back, those wide open spaced are killers. I would suggest rocks as cover, even the broken walls like in Them would be good, it make its really intense. Just keep the poly count down, a real plus for your map is how fast it runs for its size.

Also texturing, see my above post about this. I think that you dont need to have the bunkers colored, when you play the map a couple of times, youll know who's is who.

Great map, great for sniping, this will be great when the sprint function is introduced for INF. Good botpathing too, they actually move around some. Good job keep cranking them out.
CC

------------------

[This message has been edited by coffeycan (edited 02-09-2000).]

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
Them is pretty sweet. I think it could be a lil bigger to allow some variation.

Also, with INF, I had one exploding ammo incident which blew my high enough to give me a VERY nice arial view. Bad, good, you decide /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif