Need Expert Advice?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MrTicky

Nov 13, 1999
Perth, WA, Australia
Visit site
Hello fellow mappers!

If you want expert advice, call RaekwoN! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

One of the best mappers I know (He's helped me heaps!)

------------------
_-={MrTicky}=-_

Loyal to INFILTRATION!
As long as I live!

MrTicky

Nov 13, 1999
Perth, WA, Australia
Visit site
Bastard'O

Me and RaekwoN are friends.

He's helping me to make maps! I just want to repay an unrepayable debt by giving him the RESPECT and HONOR he deserves! /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

hehe C ya mate!

------------------
_-={MrTicky}=-_

Loyal to INFILTRATION!
As long as I live!

bastard_o

Lead Designer
I would never have guessed......

In fact it was so obvious, I thought you were his brother..... ho ho ho ho... /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Only joking guys.... I am all for helping fellow mappers whatever there experience level... All of us started at ground zero, with NO manual...

Bastard'O

theVodkaCircle

Muso, Nerd, Footy Head
After years of frustration on various game engines, I have successfully created my first map with the aid of a tutorial I got off the net. It was very dodgy but for the first time in my life I had a working map. I wanted to ask if there are any goos tutorials that you guys know about designed for the absolute morons out there like me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

bastard_o

Lead Designer
Some links http://www.unrealengine.com/engine/links.html
Tech pages http://unreal.epicgames.com/
Editing http://www.unrealed.net/

After you have read info from the above links the unrealed.net one is very good... build, build, build... draft up some questions...

There is a alt.games.unreal.unrealed news group also... try there also.

This message board, mapping discussions maybe the place to ask any specific questions... No one will mind, we all started from NO knowledge remember, the more people that gain experience we can all share the load of helping others, people helped me so I wish to pass it on too.

Bastard'O

theVodkaCircle

Muso, Nerd, Footy Head
Great, thanks Bastard_o. Much appreciated.
I'm technically minded and I hate being a complete vegetable when it comes to maps. You'd think someone who did engineering at school and lots of tech drawing should be able to do it easily. Oh well, keep plugging away I 'spose. Thanks again.

MrTicky

Nov 13, 1999
Perth, WA, Australia
Visit site
Hehehe Bastard'O, "69" posts!

Sorry, it's a habit to laugh at people with 69 posts! hehe, just jokes mate! hehe! N e way, thanx for helping me out!

Did you make AS-Terrain?

------------------
_-={MrTicky}=-_

Loyal to INFILTRATION!
As long as I live!