DM-Ardennes(a huge outdoor forest)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

S.A.R.G.E.

WWII Mapper
Jul 7, 2000
www.geocities.com
yes that is right, ive recreated a famous WWII battle in the Ardennes forest (not during the battle of the bulge)that has only the bunkers that would actually be in the middle of a forest...some foxholes with barbed wire and machine guns, a few tents...but mostly its a map that you will have to hunt your enemies squads down in...

ive included some new uscript too so more realistic experience will be ready for you!

S.A.R.G.E.

btw does anyone have a tree deco, cuz mine is to fat for my textures and my milkshape isnt working.
thx

www.geocities.com/overlord_661944

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
yes it looks cool, indeed.. but what's with the polycount when there are trees and foxholes?

-reaper was here-

S.A.R.G.E.

WWII Mapper
Jul 7, 2000
www.geocities.com
poly

the poly count isnt bad at all on my 600 even ehen im atop hills, so far there will be at least 50 trees....ranging from thick forest to scattered...

ive added the foxholes and some barbed wire stuff, still looking for a good ol tree mesh

im making it so slower users wont have a bad frame-rate by adding objects(trees) in the way of large open areas to block most of the polys /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SARGE
thx btw

www.geocities.com/overlord_661944

Andirez

push the limits
Jan 23, 2000
Belgium
www.planetunreal.com
I'm not sure if blocking the view with trees actually is gonna work. It might be so that UT still draws the polygons behind the sheets of the trees, thus you'll only get more polys. But please, try it out and let us know if the framerate drops are increases. I also think that you'll need a lot of trees to block the view entirely and many trees also means many polys.

BTW. The terrain looks pretty sweet ! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<html><body><font face="Arial, Swiss, Helvetica" size="-2">
Tactical Ops Beta Tester
Andirez Reallife Mapping</font></body></html>

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
_-_

600 is bad. at most, I mean most, it should be no higher than 300. I wondering if you could somehow creat a lowpoly trunk of the trees and just added sheets for leaves, you might be able to do it, but I highly doubt it. Damn the UT engine!

"Oh yes, we can handle outdoors environments. No, no you can't have anything in them. They can only be barren wastelands, but we got outdoor support!" -Epic :/

------------------------
darkliege.jpg

http://www.unreality.dk/enemylines <The Infiltration custum skin shop (and a bit more)>
------------------------

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
@ andirez: lol you should look at dm-pharaosgrave ... my first attempt to make a map... ehmmm 800+ polycount /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-reaper was here-